Friday, Dec. 11Posted: Updated:
Arizona Dentists Deliver Free Care to Thousands of Patients
The Central Arizona Dental Society Foundation (CADSF) is hosting its 4th annual Dental Mission of Mercy event at the Veteran's Memorial Coliseum at the Arizona State Fairgrounds Dec 11th-12th, bringing together hundreds of dental professionals who will provide free care to adults and children.
The Coliseum floor will be transformed into a clinic with more than 100 portable dental units staffed by nearly 1,500 volunteer dentists, hygienists, lab technicians, assistants and lay people. Approximately $2 million in free care is expected to be delivered to over 2,000 patients on a first-come, first served basis during the two-day period. Patients are advised to arrive early. Doors to the clinic will open at 6:00 am. Treatment will be performed both days from 6:00 am till 6:00 pm.
As in past years, the emphasis will be on relieving pain and infection. Dental services such as fillings, extractions, cleanings, as well as limited lab work - including dentures will be provided to both adults and children of all ages. All patients will undergo a limited medical screening and those who have medically compromised conditions, such as extremely high blood pressure, uncontrolled diabetes or severe disabilities may not be able to be treated in this setting, and will be referred to other community resources.
For more information visit: https://www.azmom.org/patient-info/
Veteran's Memorial Coliseum
Arizona State Fairgrounds
1826 W McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85007
McDowell & 19th Ave.
Sand Sculpture Finale Sat-Sun., Dec. 12 & 13
World's Best Sand Sculpting Championship is the first sand sculpting competition ever hosted in Arizona! 10 World-Class Artists competing for a $19,000 purse will sculpt their creation Saturday and Sunday with a winner announced Sunday evening. Guest can enjoy beach themed entertainment and food and even have their picture taken with Santa!
Sat. - Sun., Dec. 12 & 13, 12-8pm
Salt River Fields 7555 N. Pima Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85258
For more information and tickets visit: www.srfsandcastlefest.com
Chompie's, Arizona's New York deli, has traditional Chanukah family meals for take away or dine in
Tis the season and Arizona's New York deli has traditional, made from scratch dishes to satisfy everyone's memories of home. Chompie's holiday menus for Chanukah and Christmas feature take-away family meals, sides and desserts. The restaurant's four Valley locations will also have dine-in plates for the holidays and will be open on Christmas and New Year's Day.
Holiday Travel for Families
Amanda Rumore give us some great tips from Frontier Airlines plus new gadgets great for traveling families.
Travel Tips from Frontier Airlines
1. New to the Airport? Check out their online map to locate your airline within the Terminal and/or Concourse.
2. Check-in online, print boarding passes at home, THEN AGAIN (at the airport) print out boarding passes at the airline's Kiosk (in case the gate changes.)
3. Consider your child's needs: snacks, entertainment, naptime and comfort.
4. If you are running late, politely approach TSA explain you may miss a flight, they may be able to assist.
5. Be prepared for pets: Any necessary paperwork, ravel case /bed, bowls, treats, litter pick up bags.
Great new gadgets for family travel!
1. Young Living Essential Oil Turn family travel into a more relaxing and enjoyable experience. The in-demand essential oils are now available for travel. www.youngliving.com
2. Verilux Cleanwave Portabe Sanitizing Wand - Kills up to 99.9% of germs and allergens, destroys odor-causing bacteria and sanitizes without chemicals or irritants. $59.95 at www.verilux.com
3. Erin Condren ID tags - Never lose your luggage again! Let your bag stand out from the crowd and make finding it on the luggage carousel a breeze. Create a custom and stylish ID tag that fits your personality and life. $20 at www.erincondren.com
4. Cabeau Evolution (neck) Pillow Made from responsive memory foam, this neck pillow is the hottest on the market. Also comes in a washable velour cover compact travel bag. $34.99 at www.cabeau.com
5. Cabeua Fold 'n Go Blanket & Case - Soft French microfiber fabric, size 60" x 36". Also comes conveniently in a small, portable travel case. $19.99 at www.cabeau.com
6. NuFACE Mini - Never miss a lift on the go with this limited-edition 18K Rose Gold NuFACE mini. Get yours before they are sold out. Natural and non-invasive facial-lift using microcurrent technology, visible results that are long-lasting with continued use and easy to use in as little as 5-minutes a day. $225, Sephora, Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom.
7. Meili and Grace Anti-Aging Pillowcase - Machine Washable, Helps smooth skin around the eyes and keeps skin looking fresher, more rested and revitalized. No harmful chemical additives and machine washable. 100% Fine Silk. $65 at antiagingpillowcase.com
8. The Portable Feeder from LazyBonezz - Innovative and convenient, this foldable pet bowl is lightweight, secure, and zips into a super small shape that can fit in your pocket! $14 at www.lazybonezz.com
9. 50 Road Trip Games - This handy deck includes 50 games for ages 3+ to help the miles fly by faster and the memories stack up. Each card lets you know the rules of the game, and materials, if any, that might be needed, such as a notebook and pen. $16 at www.deckopedia.com
10. iMergency Travel Battery Pack- iMergency is the travel accessory that keeps you plugged in and your phone charged up. Out of the box iMergency comes fully charged, and ready to breathe life into your apple/Android smartphone. Included are charging cords for apple/Android smartphones, and 5 adhesive strips to stick iMergency on the back of your smartphone. $19.99 at www.freshetech.com
View all products at www.pinterest.com/amanda_rumore/holiday-travel-3tv/
How to glam up your holiday look with sparkle, glitter, and glamorous gowns!
The holidays are here which means it's time to dazzle up your dress for your work parties, family functions and social gatherings. Good thing our Outlets at Anthem Shopping Gal, Lisa Acquafredda is here to have us looking glitzy, glamorous and all around gorgeous!!!
You don't always have to wear the traditional red and green to WOW your co-workers.
Navy blue A-line dress $60
Purple scarf $16
Glittery pyramid shoes $29.99 (Rue 21)
For the guys, it's completely all good to coordinate with your date's holiday ensemble and show your shine!
Frosted grey Latenight Blazer $89.99
Royal blue slim fit dress shirt $49.99
Frosted grey vest $49.99
Latenight slim trousers $49.99
Ladies get ready for a festive holiday shindig but still keeps it chic, classy and corporate with this ruby red blazer. A bright holiday colored blazer is a must have for your wardrobe. It goes from day to night and adds color to any outfit making you look festive!
Ruby red blazer $49.99
V-neck shimmer dress $54.99
Gold rectangle earrings $12.99
Gold necklace $14.99
Gold clutch $22.99
Black glittery clasp bangal $14.99
Black zip up heels $59.99 (Rue 21)
If you're going to any holiday shindig the trend right now is fur! This snow cheetah fur jacket keeps Christine looking warm and also sizzling HOT!
Ruby red holiday sequined dress $34.99
Black ballerina tulle skirt underneath $21.99
Snow cheetah fur jacket $49.99
Glitter mesh pyramid shoes $29.99
Outlets at Anthem is located 15 minutes north of the Loop 101 off Interstate 17 at the Anthem Way exit 229.
Outlets at Anthem
4250 W. Anthem Way
Phoenix, AZ 85086
City of Tolleson 2015 Luces De Navidad
The City of Tolleson would like to invite you, your family and friends to Tolleson's 2015 Luces de Navidad Street Festival on Friday, December 11th and Saturday, December 12th. The street festival will be held on Van Buren Street between 91st and 94th Avenue. Free admission for all activities and live musical entertainment.
The City of Tolleson will be bringing a phenomenal line up of live musical entertainment: the Kumbia Kings Allstarz, Louie Marinez, Smashed and Suerte Musical.
There will be a kid zone on Saturday, December 12th which will include fun, kid friendly entertaining competitions, pictures with Santa and a FREE meet and greet with Dove Cameron from Liv & Maddie. You will also want to stay in Tolleson all night to catch our traditional Luces Parade at 7 p.m.
Free parking will be available at Tolleson City Hall and the north and south east corners of 91st Avenue. Road closures on Van Buren between 91st to 94th avenues will begin Friday, December 11th at 12 p.m. and will remain closed until at least 8 a.m. on Sunday, December 12th.
To learn more about all the Luces de Navidad festivities visit www.tollesonaz.org/lucesdenavidad.
The 20th Annual Christmas Parade of Lights on December 11 at 6:30 p.m.
The parade will start on Yavapai Street in front of the Wickenburg Christian School, traveling to historic Frontier Street near the Chamber of Commerce Office and continuing down Frontier near the Desert Caballeros Western Museum, ending at Tegner and Yavapai Street near the Little Red Schoolhouse.
Refreshments and parade awards at the Little Red Schoolhouse immediately after the parade.
Information by calling the Wickenburg Chamber of Commerce at (928) 684-5479,
www.visitwickenburg.com or www.facebook.com/WickenburgAZ
Celebrate the Holiday Season with Ballet Arizona's The Nutcracker
The holiday season is just around the corner and Ballet Arizona is proud to announce its 30th year of The Nutcracker performances, choreographed by renowned artistic director Ib Andersen. The Nutcracker will run from December 11-27 for a total of 20 performances, with afternoon and evening shows at Symphony Hall in downtown Phoenix.
45 minutes before each performance of The Nutcracker, audiences are invited to the Symphony Hall lobby for pre-show events including storytelling and photos with the Sugar Plum Fairy beneath Ballet Arizona's 20-foot Christmas tree, hung with decorated pointe shoes. Hot cocoa and cookies will be available for purchase. Ticket prices for The Nutcracker start at $15, discounts offered for seniors, students, military and groups.
Tickets can be purchased by calling 602-381-1096 or visiting www.balletaz.org.
Opera Joven to present final public performance in Phoenix at St. Mary's Basilica Friday night, Dec. 11th a tribute to La Virgen de Guadalupe
The Mexico City-based musical group, Opera Joven, will present its final public performance Friday night at St. Mary's Basilica in downtown Phoenix, joining other local musicians and dancers for a tribute concert in honor of La Virgen de Guadalupe.
The event Dec. 11 is a first-of-its-kind in Phoenix, replicating the longstanding annual tradition of live performances at the Basilica in Mexico City honoring the Virgen of Guadalupe, Mexico and Latin America's patron saint.
Opera Joven has performed across Mexico with groups such as the Choral Opera at the Palacio de Bellas Artes in Mexico City, the Choral Symphonic Orchestra in the State of Mexico and most recently at the historic Castle in Chapultepec Park in Mexico City. This is Opera Joven's debut in the United States.
HALO Animal Rescue and Foothills Animal Rescue are joining forces to bring you "Adopt Around the Clock,"
This is a 24-hour adoption event, sponsored by PetSmart Charities. HALO Animal Rescue and Foothills Animal Rescue will be offering pets for adoption starting at MIDNIGHT on Dec. 11th all the way through MIDNIGHT on Dec. 12th at the Deer Valley PetSmart Store (2901 W. Agua Fria Freeway) in Phoenix. Raffle prizes from popular venues such as the Wildlife World Zoo and the Melting Pot, giveaways and support from local food trucks are also part of the festivities.
Dogs and cats over six months of age will be available for $25; pets under six months of age will be $50 special adoption pricing for this event only. Every pet will be spayed/neutered and ready to go home. HALO will be closing early at their main shelter at 27th Ave & Durango on Dec. 11th in preparation for this huge and unique 24-hour event and HALO's main shelter will be closed on Dec. 12th to encourage adopters to participate at the event location. Please note: Special adoption pricing and hours are only in effect at this event and location.
HALO Animal Rescue, Arizona's largest no-kill animal rescue located in Phoenix, is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) dedicated to rescuing, rehabilitating and finding new homes for homeless dogs and cats throughout Maricopa County.
For more information, visit www.halorescue.org