Saturday, Nov. 7Posted: Updated:
Dave Owens, The Garden Guy
Contact Dave at email@example.com, or visit www.gardenguy.com
Chris Akard Fitness
The Akard Fitness Studio is located at 4328 N Wells Fargo Avenue, Suite 4 in Scottsdale. Call 480-941-0211 to make an appointment or visit www.akard.com.
Camelback Studio Tours
5702 E Wilshire Dr
Scottsdale, AZ 85257
Any Mesa Public Library card holder can check out up to three seed packets per month, plant and donate seeds back to the Seed Library at the end of the growing season.
64 E. First St.
Mesa, AZ 85201
22nd Annual Carefree Fine Art & Wine Festival
Friday through Sunday, November 6, 7 & 8
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Downtown Carefree, 101 Easy Street, Carefree, Arizona 85377 (Easy Street and Ho Hum Drive)
Featuring 100+ artists, wine and beer tastings, chocolate, live music and more.
General admission is $3 for adults. Wine tastings cost $10, and include an engraved souvenir glass and six tasting tickets. Additional tasting tickets can be purchased for $1. Parking is free. (480) 837-5637 or www.ThunderbirdArtists.com
Chef Jon Paul's Tart Tatin
6 medium cooking apples cored and quartered
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1 sheet puff pastry
1. Place the butter and sugar in the bottom of a sauté pan.
2. Arrange the apples on top.
3. Place the sheet of puff pastry on top of the apples and trim to fit the pan.
4. Heat the pan until the sugar melts and begins to bubble.
5. Place the pan in a preheated 375-degree oven.
6. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
7. Allow to rest for 15 minutes and invert quickly onto a serving platter.
8. Garnish with whipped cream or ice cream.
Copyright 2015 KTVK (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.