A look at 11 freeway shootings in Phoenix areaPosted: Updated:
A series of freeway shootings have put commuters in Phoenix on edge as authorities search for suspects and warn drivers to look for signs of suspicious activity.
There have been at least 11 shootings in the last two weeks, including one confirmed Thursday and four other incidents still being investigated. Most have been on Interstate 10, one of the main highways through the city. Eight incidents have involved gunfire, while three involved unspecified projectiles.
There have been no serious injuries except for a 13-year-old girl who was cut by broken glass when a bullet shattered a windshield. The Arizona Department of Public Safety is investigating these shootings:
- Aug. 29: A bullet strikes an SUV traveling east on Interstate 10 at 19th Avenue.
- Aug. 29: A bullet hits an unoccupied commercial tour bus traveling west on Interstate 10 between 35th Avenue and 67th Avenue.
- Aug. 29: A bullet strikes a passenger car traveling east on Interstate 10 just east of 16th Street.
- Aug. 30: Gunfire hits a passenger car traveling west on Interstate 10 between Sky Harbor Boulevard and State Route 51.
- Aug. 31: A bullet strikes a pickup truck traveling east on Interstate 10 between 24th and 40th streets.
-Sept. 6: Gunfire hits a box truck and a ladder it carried as it traveled south on Interstate 17 near Dunlap Road.
- Sept. 6: A bullet strikes a passenger car traveling west on State Route 202 between 32nd Street and 24th Street. The vehicle was involved in an earlier incident with another passenger car.
- Sept. 8: A projectile strikes a box truck traveling west on Interstate 10 at 27th Avenue.
- Sept. 8: A projectile hits a pickup truck traveling east on Interstate 10 between 43rd Avenue and 35th Avenue is struck by a projectile.
- Sept. 9: A projectile strikes a pickup traveling east on Interstate 10 near 39th Avenue.
- Sept. 10: A bullet hole is discovered in the side of a commercial truck after detectives are called to the area of 83rd Avenue and Latham. It has not been determined when or at what location the semi-trailer was struck.
© 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.