Thursday, June 4Posted: Updated:
Hundreds of jobs are coming to the Valley. Salt Lake City-based company Progrexion is looking to hire 450 employees for its new location near I-17 and Peoria. The company is looking to hire for its call center, sales, and technical positions.
You can apply for one of the positions at http://www.progrexion.com/careers
Recruiting office: 1-800-353-8954
The Circus School of Arizona in Scottsdale will host a FREE Open House event on June 6 and 7 and the public is invited to come and see what goes on inside a circus school.
Both adults and kids can learn all kinds of fun circus skills from learning how to juggle, hanging from a trapeze, climbing up aerial silks, plate spinning, low-wire walking, and more!
7432 E. Tierra Buena Lane, #104
Phoenix Mercury Home Opener
Phoenix Mercury Home Opener and Ring Ceremony takes place Friday night, June 5. The first 10,000 fans will receive a commemorative Mercury T-shirt and finger lights AND the first 3,000 fans will receive a voucher for individual replica championship rings. The Phoenix Mercury have introduced new food items this season. Be sure to try the Nacho Fanny pack, the Three Time Grilled Cheese, the Mercury Championship Donut, or the Championship Fries when at the game. For tickets visit http://mercury.wnba.com.
It's National Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Month. Lucia Schnitzer of Luci's Healthy Marketplace has a few recipes,
including Watermelon Pizza, Banana Sushi and Pineapple Burger. For other recipes visit lucishealthymarketplace.com.
Luci's Healthy Marketplace
1590 E. Bethany Home Road
1 Watermelon cut 1 to 2 inch slices
1/4 cup Banana Chips
1/2 cup Blueberries
2 Kiwi sliced
1 Mango diced
1/4 cup Coconut, unsweetened
1. Cut chilled watermelon into round desired thickness.
2. Top pizza slices with favorite fruit toppings.
3. Cut pizza into slices and serve.
1 large Banana
2-3 Tbsp. of Nut/Seed Butter
Preferred toppings such as: chopped Pistachios, Chia Seeds, and dried Coconut.
1. First, peel your banana, place on a baking sheet, and evenly spread on nut butter, covering just the top half of your banana.
2. Then, sprinkle on toppings and press them lightly into the nut butter to ensure they will stick.
3. Using a sharp knife, evenly slice banana. Place banana into the freezer and freeze for about an hour. After an hour, transfer to a Tupperware (this is so the banana doesn't freeze to the baking sheet).
4. Store banana sushi in freezer.
3 lbs. Ground Beef
1 Red Onion sliced
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 Balsamic Vinegar
1 Pineapple sliced
1-1/2 cups Pineapple Juice
4 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tbsp. Molasses or Honey
1 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
1 tsp Ground Ginger
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Pineapple Barbecue Sauce: mix pineapple juice, apple cider vinegar, honey, tomato paste, ground ginger, onion powder, and garlic powder, salt and simmer until thickened, approximately 30 minutes.
2. Balsamic Roasted Onions: combined red onion slices, olive oil and balsamic vinegar and toss. Roast for 30 minutes at 350F (or sauté on low heat or wrap in foil and grill for 30 minutes)
3. Preheat grill to 450F and brush with oil.
4. Season ground beef with salt and pepper and shape burgers to be roughly the same size as the pineapple rings.
5. Grill pineapples rings and burgers. Burgers should be slightly charred on one side, about 4 minutes, flip and continue grilling 4 minutes for medium rare or longer until cooked to your desired wellness.
6. Arrange burger on the pineapple ring, topped with pineapple BBQ sauce, balsamic onions; add second pineapple ring and finish by adding the remaining BBQ sauce and balsamic onions.
7. Serve immediately.