1. Start with an opaque legging. Add a tank top and a fabulous oversized bright colored shirt with a touch of bling. The tank and legging work great for exercise. An oversized top makes this look work for daytime activities, especially around the kiddos.
2. If you got it, flaunt it. I love a bright colored skort. Whether you are striking a yoga pose or picking up your kids from school or sports, this can be a classy covered look that will still show off a great pair of legs. We balance it with a lightly fitted tank or T-shirt -- perfect for running around all day.
3. Fun colors! A flirty print top is adorable and fun, and will look great under a hoody jacket. Experiment with color.I love blue, you can't go wrong with prints in my opinion. Just keep your bottoms simple. It'll also help pull the entire look together and will flatter a curvier figure.
4. Classic knits. This is the most comfortable travel outfit ever and once you get to your destination you can wear these pieces in all sorts of ways. The classic knit cardigan in a lightweight 3/4-sleeve cotton fabric with a boot-cut yoga pant in a dark grey is comfy but also chic. These pants can be worn just like a boot-cut jean, with heels or tennis shoes. The 3/4-sleeve top is the perfect under piece. Look for something with a flattering cinched waist.
5. Add a little pizazz with a scarf or wear a fun headband.