Pattern Play by Glam Guru, Tamara KrausPosted:
By: Tamara Kraus, Glam Guru
For glam tips from the Glam Guru, visit her fashion blog: www.tinseledpink.com or follow her on Twitter and Instagram @TamararKrausHow does a beach trip to Capri, Italy sound? While that might not be a realistic option for all of us, we can dress the part with clothes that remind us of the bright flowers, ocean breeze and carefree elegance of the island with Kohl's latest clothing designer collaboration, Milly for DesignNation.
Bold and bright patterned dresses, skirts and matching two piece looks perfect for summer soirees, ladies tea or a trip to a much closer beach. Milly features edgy, contemporary wear with feminine flair for the modern woman. The irresistible prices coupled with the ultra chic and fun styles aren't too bad of a compromise for an Italian beach getaway.
Slip on one of these dresses or two piece sets and you'll feel like you're relaxing beachside or walking along charming Italian streets in no time.
1. Black and White Lemon Scuba Dress ($51 on sale)-Perfect for tea with the girls or a day in the office, this citrus inspired dress is the sweetest dress for all occasions. Pair it will heels for date night or flats for a summer brunch with the girls.
2. Blue Striped Pleated Shirt Dress-($52.50 on sale)-Classic lines and an extra preppy touch with the collar and ribbon waist make this dress a staple piece in your wardrobe. Pair it with your favorite straw hat and you might just feel like taking a trip to the farmer's market with this easy to wear dress.
3. Floral Empire Maxi Dress-($58.50 on sale)-This flowy and effortless dress calls for endless days at the beach. With bright colors and extra comfort, who wouldn't be reminded of Capri's vibrancy?
Two Pieced Perfection
1. “You Me Capri” Graphic Tee and Floral Midi Scuba Skirt-($30-Tee, $37.50-skirt; both on sale)-My motto? Graphic tees go with any outfit. Dress up any pencil skirt with a cool graphic tee for maximum comfort and style.
2. Blue Sateen Crop Top and Matching Skirt-($30-top, $40.50-skirt; both on sale) Who says “matchy matchy” is always a bad thing? This two-piece set is the perfect alternative to a dress and the mosaic tile pattern looks like a piece of art you might see in Capri.
3. Black and White Scuba Crop Top and Black Scuba Midi Skirt($67.50 on sale)-Classic prints like stripes never go out of style. Update the look with a modern take on the crop top with a high waisted midi skirt to keep things covered.
Don't be afraid to mix things up-patterns are always out to play!