Weekend freeway travel advisory (April 24-27)Posted:
Freeway improvement projects in the Phoenix area will require closures or lane restrictions this weekend (April 24-27), according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. Drivers are encouraged to allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes while the following freeway restrictions are in place:
· Westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) closed between Price and Kyrene roads in Chandler from 10 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday (April 25) for traffic-management project, including installation of future message board. Southbound Loop 101 ramp to westbound Loop 202 closed. Loop 202 WB on-ramps at Price Road and McClintock Drive closed. DETOUR: Please consider alternate westbound routes, including Chandler Boulevard to southbound Kyrene Road to westbound Loop 202.
· Westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) closed between Dobson and Price roads in Chandler from 10 p.m. Saturday to noon Sunday (April 26) for traffic-management project, including installation of traffic-flow sensors. Westbound Loop 202 on-ramp at Alma School Road closed. DETOUR: Please consider alternate westbound routes, including Chandler Boulevard.
· Eastbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) closed between Country Club Drive and Val Vista Drive in Mesa from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 p.m. Saturday (April 25) for widening project. DETOUR: Please consider alternate routes, including eastbound US 60. Eastbound Loop 202 traffic exiting at Country Club Drive can detour along McKellips Road.
· Country Club Drive closed at Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) from 6 p.m. Saturday to noon Sunday (April 26) for bridge work. Both Loop 202 off-ramps at Country Club Drive closed. On-ramps will remain open. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes, including Alma School Road and Gilbert Road.
· Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) narrowed to one lane in both directions between Power and Broadway roads in east Mesa from 1 a.m. Saturday to 10 p.m. Sunday (April 26) for widening project. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes.
· Southbound Interstate 17 narrowed to one lane overnight between Thomas and Buckeye roads from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights (April 26-28) for pavement repairs. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and be prepared to slow down and merge safely in work zone.
Additional freeway-restriction information will be listed on ADOT's website, azdot.gov, under ADOT News. Visit the site to also subscribe to ADOT email updates, including weekend restriction information.
For a complete list of highway and freeway restrictions in the Phoenix area and around the state, visit ADOT's Travel Information site at az511.gov or call 511. Another great way to find out more about ADOT's projects and programs to improve Arizona's transportation system is the ADOT blog at azdot.gov/blog.
ADOT plans and constructs new freeways, additional lanes and other improvements as part of the Regional Transportation Plan for the Maricopa County region. The primary funding source for regional freeway improvements is a half-cent sales tax approved by county voters in 2004. More information about ADOT projects and the regional plan is available at azdot.gov/PhoenixMetro.