Glendale house fire possibly caused by children playing with lighter

Posted: Updated:
GLENDALE, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) -

A fire that scorched a Glendale home yesterday was possibly caused by children playing with a lighter, according to the Glendale Fire Department.

The fire started on or under a couch in the front area of the home, destroying an electrical panel and moving to the attic of the house. One of the several children living in the home told the Glendale Fire Department that they had been playing in that area of the house and on the couch where the fire originated.

The Glendale Fire Department found a lighter under the couch during their investigation.

The Department would like to remind parents to store lighters and matches in safe areas away from children.

  • Social Connect

  • Contact

    AZ Family