Thursday, March 26, 2015: Fast and Easy Fried Rice, Singapore Noodles & Ginger Oil Broccoli Stirfy by Chef DiDi ChanPosted:
?DiDi's Fast and Easy Fried Rice
2 cups of previous cooked left over rice, grains separated well.
2 eggs - beaten
1 green onion chopped
1/2 cup carrot diced
1/2 cup green beans diced
1/2 cup onions diced
2 tbsp soy sauce * or tamari for gluten free option
1/2 tsp salt
3 TBSP oil (divided into 2 Tbsp and 1 Tbsp)
3 dashes/splashes of Maggi's Seasoning Sauce - A little goes a long way
1. Heat 2 Tbsp oil on medium high heat until slightly smoking
2. Cook cook beaten eggs and story vigorously until done. Transfer to dish and leave on the side.
3. Add 1 Tbsp of oil while pan is still hot and on medium high heat.
4. Add onions, carrots and green beans. Stir vigorously for about 2 min.
5. Add in rice, mix the rice and the veggies well and separate the rice more if needed.
6. Stirfry and toss vigorously for about 2 min.
7. Add in soy sauce, salt and sugar. Mix well for about 30 seconds. Add more soy sauce by teaspoon amount
8. Add Maggi's Seasoning and toss few times.
8. Add green onions. Toss few times.
9. DONE! Enjoy!
DiDi's Singapore Noodles
3 oz dry thin rice noodle (soaked in hot water for 10 min until soft, then drain)
4 oz. shrimp, no head, shells removed, defrosted
2 eggs, beaten
4 oz. beat sprout
2 oz green pepper (thin slices)
2 oz red pepper (thin slices)
2 oz onion (thin slices)
4 TB ginger infused oil
1 TB curry powder (sauce)
1 TB oyster sauce (sauce)
2 TB soy sauce
1. heat oil
2. cook eggs
3. push eggs aside when done, add shrimp, onion and cook 1 min until shrimp is pink
4. add bean sprouts, green pepper, red pepper - cook 1 min until bean sprout slightly wilted
5. add noodles and sauce - cook 2 min and mix well
DiDi's Ginger Oil Broccoli Stirfy
3 cups of broccoli crowns
4 thinly slices of ginger
2 tbsp of oil
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/8 tsp chicken bouillon powder
3 tbsp of water
1. Heat oil on medium low with ginger slices and cook for 5 minutes OR until the ginger until it turns
brown then remove.
* keep heat low enough so that it doesn't smoke and the ginger sizzles nicely.
2. Turn up the heat to medium high and let the oil heat up until slightly smoking.
2. Add salt to oil, swirl the oil and salt
3. Add in garlic and immediately add in broccoli head
4. Stir vigorously for 1 min.
5. Add in water and cover the pan for 1 min
6. Add oyster sauce and chicken powder and mix well.