Firefighters say three teenagers had to be rescued in north Phoenix after they ate mushrooms and became lost in the desert terrain.
Phoenix fire officials say two 18-year-old girls and a 19-year-old girl were in the area of 7th Avenue and the Carefree Highway when they called for help Saturday night.
Crews responded around 7 p.m. and were told the teens were not hurt but had eaten mushrooms.
They found the trio about a mile from the highway.
All three were taken to a hospital for evaluation.
The search also encompassed firefighters from Peoria and Daisy Mountain.
© 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.