Sky Harbor offers Spring Break travel tipsPosted: Updated:
Sky Harbor International Airport is anticipating a busy spring, and is encouraging travelers to take advantage of these helpful tips.
Save money on parking: During the entire month of March, park at the West Economy Park & Walk for just $5 a day by reserving in advance through Prepaid Discount Parking. West Economy Park and Walk is an on-airport parking choice that gives travelers the option of parking and walking to the terminal. No bus service is available, and travelers will find the parking area most convenient to Terminal 2. Prepaid Discount Parking is also available in the terminal garages for just $18 a day. Travelers will find the garages convenient for parking and walking right into the terminals. Reserve online at skyharbor.com/prepaidparking
Arrive early: Sky Harbor will be busy in March, and it is imperative that travelers give themselves enough time. Arrive at least two hours early if you are flying domestically, and three if you are flying internationally.
Use Early Bag Check: If you are flying American, Southwest, United, or US Airways, take advantage of a handy service called Early Bag Check. Check your bags before you board the PHX Sky Train at East Economy Parking or the 44th Street PHX Sky Train® Station. The service is free though airline bag fees apply. Visit skyharbor.com/earlybagcheck
Know what is in your bag: Be sure to look through your carry-on bag or purse before coming to the Airport. Remember a forgotten weapon can cause you delays, hassles, and even fines. Visit tsa.gov for information about what can be placed in your carry-on.
Picking up or dropping off? Use our best kept secret: Save time when picking up or dropping off your party by using the 44th Street PHX Sky Train Station rather than driving into the Airport. The stations not only feature the handy Early Bag Check service, but kiosks are available to print your boarding passes. The 44th Street Station offers a quick alternative to the terminals. Using the PHX Sky Train, it is only a five minute ride to Terminal 4 and seven minute ride to Terminal 3. A walkway is available from Terminal 3 to Terminal 2. The Station also offers a free Cell Phone Lot where you can wait for your party. The PHX Sky Train Station is on the southwest corner of 44th Street and Washington.
Additional Spring Break Travel Tips:
- It's a good idea to always check the flight status with your airline before coming to the Airport.
- If you are planning to rent a car at your destination, reserve your rental car in advance to ensure the best availability.
- Skyharbor.com on your smartphone or tablet offers a wealth of information. Check your flight status and find out what shops and restaurants are near your gate.
- For information on all parking options at America's Friendliest Airport as well as price and availability, visit skyharbor.com/FindASpot or call our 24-hour parking hotline at 602-273-4545.
- While at the airport, grab a bite to eat at one of our award-winning restaurants. From fresh salads to hearty burgers to tableside guacamole and nationally famous ice cream, Sky Harbor is America's Tastiest Airport. Find out more about all the new restaurants in Terminal 4 as well as restaurant options in other terminals at skyharbor.com
- If you have extra time, pick up a gift for yourself at one of our unique shops or check out an art exhibition as part of our Airport Museum Program.