Donate to the Otto family
Oliver Otto received a heart transplant when he was six days old. His family wasn't expecting him to survive, but thankfully, the prognosis is now positive.
To help the Otto family with their medical expenses, donations can be made here.
Spring Break Bargains at the Phoenix Zoo
With amazing animals, up-close encounters, and unique experiences the Phoenix Zoo has something for every member of the family to enjoy. The Zoo is celebrating the opening of a brand new 4-D Theater, the first of its kind in Arizona. The 50-seat theater delivers a high-definition viewing experience in 3-D with 7.1 digital audio surround sound and features a variety of sensory surprises that are built into the seats and theater environment. Two films are currently being shown in rotation at the Zoo. Adventures of mammoth proportion wait for you in "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs - The 4-D Experience." Or experience a wildlife adventure from BBC Earth in "Grizzly Bears - The 4-D Experience". Theater tickets are included in the Zoo's Total Experience Ticket and Value Ticket packages, or can be purchased individually.
455 North Galvin Parkway
Phoenix, AZ 85008
Have you ever seen a craft project on Pintrest and thought, how do they do that? Or, are you just looking for inspiration. Pinspiration is a new and creative studio opening to the public on March 1st on High Street, where you can learn to create the most frequently pinned and popular craft trends on social media sites. Pinspiration also features a kids area, a wine and beer bar and a "splatter room" where you can just throw paint around...definitely making for a unique and entertaining experience.
Pinspiration on High Street
5410 E High Street, Ste 105
Phoenix, AZ 85054
Snacks On the Go
Here are 5 of her favorite easy, portable snacks.
1. Trail Mix - make your own to save money and be healthier. Mix equal amounts of any or all of your favorite ingredients
- Dark chocolate chips
- Coconut flakes
- Dried fruit
2. Hard boiled eggs - boil and peel eggs on Sunday, then store in the fridge for a quick snack to grab on the go. Sprinkle sea salt or pepper for flavor.
3. Protein Shake - These are super quick to whip up in the morning (or the night before), and the flavor possibilities are endless! Blend in your favorite protein powder, water, ½ cup fruit, a handful of greens, and (optional) 1 TBSP nut butter. Add ice for texture.
4. Grape and cheese sticks: These cute snacks are so easy to make, kids love to help with this too! Skewer grapes and cheese cubes alternating back and forth. These can be made a couple days in advance and stored in a sealed container or baggie in the fridge. You can also add tofu for extra protein or to avoid the dairy.
5. Overnight oats - This recipe is a great way to have a filling snack or breakfast on the go:
- ½ c oats
- 1 c milk of your choice (almond / flax / soy / rice)
- ½ c fruit
- Optional - sprinkle on:
- Protein powder
- Flax or chia seeds
- Chocolate chips
- Coconut flakes
TriVita Wellness Center
16100 N Greenway Hayden Loop
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Chinese New Year with Ling & Louie's
Chinese New Year is coming up - Ling and Louie's is doing it up the "Not boring" way! They're known for complete decorations, special menu offerings, drink specials and of course, the Ling and Louie's gong where guests can bang it and win free food and gift cards for future visits!