Your Life A to Z Recipe: Friday, January 30th, 2015: Ahi Tuna Tacos and Del Frisco's Grille Deviled Eggs by Chef Jimmy TonPosted: Updated:
Ahi Tuna Tacos
• 4 oz. tuna, 1/4 inch diced
• 1 tbsp. lime oil (made in house)
• 1 tsp. chives
• 4 ea. wonton shells
• ¼ tbsp. kosher salt
• 4 tbsp. avocado guacamole
• 2 tsp. spicy mayo
• 2 ea. cilantro sprigs
1. In a chilled stainless steel bowl add tuna, and dress with lime oil.
2. Toss to coat and season with salt and chives.
3. Place 1 tablespoon of guacamole in each shell then top each taco with ½ ounce of tuna.
4. Drizzle a ½ tsp. of the spicy aioli on the tuna.
5. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and serve
Del Frisco's Grille Deviled Eggs
6 jumbo eggs
4 cups cold water
2 ounces or about 3 slices bread and butter pickle chips
½ teaspoon yellow mustard
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon kosher salt
Vinaigrette and chopped chives for garnish
1. Place the eggs in a small sauce pot and cover with the cold water. Bring the water to a boil then cook the eggs for 12 minutes. Once time has elapsed, place the pot with the eggs in the sink and run cold water over the eggs until cool. Once the eggs are cool, cover with ice and chill. To remove the shells, tap the egg on a counter or tabletop while turning the egg to shatter the shell.
2. Peel the shell off the cooked egg and place in cold water to rinse off any shell and clean egg completely.
3. Carefully use a knife to cut eggs in half lengthwise. Reserve the cooked yolks and two of the cooked egg whites in a small bowl. Chop the pickles finely and add to the reserved egg yolks and white. Add remaining ingredients. Use a fine wire whip to blend the ingredients together. Place filling in the refrigerator and allow chilling until set. Next, use a small truffle or ice-cream scoop to fill egg whites with the filling mixture.
Place the stuffed egg whites on a platter of your choice or you can reserve an egg carton as a display. Garnish the eggs with simple vinaigrette or fresh chopped chives.