Girl Scouts gear up for cookie seasonPosted: Updated:
PHOENIX, Ariz. -- It’s that time of year again, and we’re not talking about the Super Bowl. Girl Scouts across the Valley are gearing up for cookie season, make sure you get them before they’re gone!
The Girl Scout Cookie Program is the largest girl-led business in the nation. This year, Valley scouts hope to sell 3.4 million boxes of the scrumptious treats in the next six weeks.
Girl Scouts were at Dircks Moving & Logistics' warehouse today picking up cookies and preparing to hit the streets. For the sixteenth consecutive year, Dircks Moving & Logistics has provided storage services for the Girl Scouts-Arizona Cactus-Pine Council.
"Once again, it's a thrill for our company and employees to serve the needs of young entrepreneurs as they kick off another year of cookie sales," Executive Vice President of Dircks Moving & Logistics Rick Dircks said.
Millions of cookie boxes are ready for pick-up this weekend, including two new flavors, Rah-Rah Raisins and Toffee-tastic. The scouts will begin selling the cookies on Monday, Jan. 26.
Girl Scouts also announced their Guinness Book World Record attempt happening later in the week on Jan. 30 and 31. In honor of the Super Bowl XLIX, thousands of girls will be trying to sell 49 packages each to break the world record for most money raised through cookie sales in 24 hours.
More than 17,000 girls in central and northern Arizona will be walking around neighborhoods with delicious cookies in hand and boothing in front of local stores. All proceeds from Girl Scout Cookie Program are used to support Girl Scouting in Arizona.
The Cookie program gives girls the opportunity to learn important business and entrepreneurial skills like goal setting, decision-making, money management, people skills and business ethics.
"Through customer interactions, girls have a unique experience to learn about and connect with their community, build confidence, problem solve and work together,” CEO of Girl Scouts Arizona Cactus-Pine Council Tamara Woodbury said.
Here are all the ways to find and enjoy cookies to support local Girl Scouts this season:
- At your door: Girls will be walking around their neighborhoods with cookies in hand - no waiting on orders!
- Cookie Finder app will locate nearby booths. Go to www.girlscoutcookies.org or install the free Girl Scout Cookie Finder app on your mobile device from Google Play or the Apple store.
- Booths at your favorite grocery or retail stores. Partners like Albertson's, Fry's, Safeway, Sam's Club and Walmart provide girls with sales space across the state.
- Cookie Mobile- A traveling cookie bus offering pop-up booths around the state. Look for the Girl Scout logo!
- If a Girl Scout knows you, she may send you a Cookie Club email to take your order, and then deliver it straight to your door. Note: GSACPC is not part of the Digital Cookie pilot program. Please see details here.
- Use the Dessert Challenge map to locate participating restaurants, and try their Girl Scout Cookie Dessert.
Be sure to get social! Tag any and all of your Girl Scout Cookie finds in photos and posts with #CookieBoss and/or #GirlScoutsAZ!