Your Life A to Z Recipe: Wednesday, January, 21st 2014 - Salmon Burgers and Lobster Burgers By: Chef Rick BoyerPosted: Updated:
Yield: 3-4 burgers
2 lbs Ground Atlantic Salmon
1/2 c Panko
1 ea Eggs
2 T Dijon mustard
1 T Fresh Dill
1 T Lemon Juice
1 t Salt
½ t Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1. Grind salmon with meat grinder, or pulse in food processor
2. Whisk together wet ingredients and seasoning
3. Fold ground salmon into wet seasoning mixture
4. Add panko to salmon mixture and chill for at least 2 hours to give the panko and salmon an opportunity to bind
5. If mixture is too loose add more panko (this will depend on the fat content of the salmon used)
6. Form into 8oz balls and press burgers between 2 pieces of lightly oiled parchment to form patties
7. Pan sear in a little olive oil for service
Yield: 3-4 burgers
½ lb Shrimp, raw, peeled, chopped
1 porion Lobster meat, raw, chopped (or 2 each 1 ¼ -1 ½ pound lobsters)
1 each Lemon, zest and juiced
¼ cup Mayonnaise
1 tsp Tarragon, chopped
1 each Egg
3/4 cup Panko bread crumb
1 tsp Sea salt, finely ground
1. Puree the shrimp to a smooth paste in the food processor.
2. Remove to a stainless steel bowl and fold in the chopped lobster meat.
3. Whisk the egg and with the mayonnaise and mix well.
4. Add the tarragon, lemon zest, sea salt and panko.
5. Add lemon juice as needed for additional acidity.
6. Let the mixture sit under refrigeration for two hours.
7. Form into 8oz balls and press burgers between 2 pieces of lightly oiled parchment to form patties
8. Pan sear in a little olive oil on both sides and finish in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
Yield: ¾ cup
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tbl white balsamic vinegar
2 tbl cornichons, chopped
1 tbl capers, chopped
1 tsp whole grain mustard
1 tsp dill, chopped
2 tbl bacon, cooked and chopped
3 tbl clams, cooked and chopped
1 tbl clam juice
1 tsp lemon juice
1. In a mixing bowl, add the mayonnaise, vinegar and grain mustard and mix well.
2. Fold in the remaining ingredients and season accordingly.