HOTLINE: Sunday, Jan. 18Posted: Updated:
There is a new restaurant in town. Tomorrow is grand opening day at Bonefish Grill, which is just across the street from Paradise Valley Mall. Bonefish Grill managing partner John Barbosa gives us a sneak peak at what guests can expect!
12811 N. Tatum Blvd.
Phoenix (across PV Mall)
Grilled Chilean Sea Bass topped with Mango Salsa
As desired, salt and pepper to taste
2 - 4 each 8-ounce Chilean sea bass fillets
As desired, amount of mango salsa
1. Lightly season the Chilean sea bass fillets and grill to medium.
2. Top each fillet with desired amount of Mango Salsa (see recipe below).
3. Serve and enjoy.
Ingredients for Mango Salsa:
1/2 cup red onions - diced (1/4" x 1/4")
1 cup ripe mango - diced (1/4" x 1/4")
1/4 cup red bell peppers - diced (1/8"x1/8")
2 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
1. Peel and dice red onion (1/4"X1/4").
2. Peel, seed and dice mango (1/4"X1/4").
3. Stem, seed and dice red bell peppers ( 1/8" x 1/8").
4. Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and toss to coat evenly.
5. Spoon ingredients into aluminum foil and gather the foil at the top to create a pouch.
6. Place foil on the grill while grilling the fillets.
7. Carefully remove foil from the grill with a pair of tongs, as it will be hot!!
8. Carefully open the foil with a sharp knife; be careful, as hot steam will escape foil pouch when opening. Use while warm by spooning dollops over Chilean sea bass fillets.
SAFE Winter Driving in Snowy areas
Headed north for some skiing/snow fun? The higher altitudes have sudden changes in weather this time of year. Let's get your car prepped for a great weekend without mishaps!
1. Get a grip! Good traction. Check tires.
2. Make sure you can see! Check your windshield wipers because we rarely use them down here.
3. Check your lights!
4. Give yourself a brake! Maximum efficiency of your brakes, and do you know how to properly use your anti-lock brakes?
5. Too much steering is bad! Oversteering can cause an over-reaction.
6. Avoid rear-tire slides! What does that mean?
7. Watch for "black ice!" Forms on shaded stretches of the road and looks like harmless puddle.
8. Remember the "tough spots!" Bridges, intersection, water running on road... black ice.
9. Don't tailgate!
10. NEVER drive in icy conditions with your cruise control active.
TRUNK NECESSITIES: Always brings items like blankets, water, food, a flashlight, kitty litter, anti-freeze, a shovel, a map, matches, a red scarf, and gloves.
Program emergency numbers into your phone, using ICE (in case of emergency) for first responders. Also, make sure someone knows when to expect you. Call 511 for weather conditions ahead of time.
Dr. Art Mollen
Dr. Mollen's practice is located at 16100 N. 71st St. in Scottsdale. For more information, call 480-656-0016 or log onto www.drartmollen.com.
If you'd like to add Sunday's Sweetheart or any other pet to your family, contact the Arizona Humane Society at 602-997-7585. For more information about AHS events and programs, visit www.azhumane.org.
Wally's Weekly Car Review
For more on Wally Cahill: www.azmotorsportsmania.tv, Wally's Weekly Car Reviews on Facebook, or @CahillWally on Twitter.