LocalWork: Hot jobs, resume tipsPosted: Updated:
PHOENIX -- Ryan Naylor with LocalWork.com shared some of the hot jobs in the Valley and some resume tips.
Hot industry: Travel
Lower gas prices are driving forecasts of travel plans
Company: El Sol Travel
Positions: Group travel coordinator, government travel agent, reservations specialist
Hot job: Office administration/reception
Companies hiring: Lindblad Financial Group, Universal Background Screening, Cullimore & Coleman, Blue Sky Pest Control
Compensation: $9 to $15 per hour
Hot company: Unitedweb
Positions: CRM front-end developer, web applications engineer
5 Simple Resume Tips
1. Change your font to Helvetica, Arial, or Times New Roman. Make sure your resume is readable.
2. Save your resume file name from "Resume" to "[First Name] [Last Name]. Keep your resume from being lost.
3. If you have gaps of employment, swap out exact dates with years only (i.e., 2009-2010).
4. Print copy of your resume and ask a stranger to read it. Get feedback before you submit it to employers.
5. Update your Linkedin profile (or create one). Share your simple URL on your resume if they'd like to view more details.
LocalWork Job Fair
Monday, Jan. 2
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Phoenix Airport Marriott
More than 1,000 full-time, part-time and temporary jobs available
RSVP at www.localwork.com