Couples prepare to say 'I do' at the Arizona Bridal ShowPosted: Updated:
PHOENIX -- The holidays are a popular time to get engaged, so many newly-engaged Valley couples will be headed to the Phoenix Convention Center this weekend for the Arizona Bridal Show.
3TV's Heidi Goitia gave us a sneak peak at the hottest dresses, cakes, and rings. She also found some of the latest trends in wedding planning that won't break the bank.
At this show you can find out about first dance trends, honeymoon planning and even ways to get your pet involved in the wedding.
But, of course, the wedding gown is one of the most important parts of the big day. "It sets the tone, the color, the elegance, everything for the wedding," says Kim Horne, master bridal consultant. She says one of the hottest trends this year is an "illusion lace" back.
Hundreds of vendors will be participating in the bridal show, and there will be samples, discounts and free gifts galore. Some of those vendors include Robert's Cakes, Y-Knot Party Rentals & Florals, The Wright House Suzanne's Bridal Boutique and Christopher Diamonds.
Here are a few tips to make your time at the Arizona Bridal Show productive:
1. Visit the bridal show website for discount coupons and information.
2. Mark your calendar with the day(s), start time, end time, and the location with the address and parking details.
3. Come early, and you will get more accomplished.
4. Attend the fashion show, and check the start time.
5. Bring the people involved in making major decisions for your wedding.
6. Bring a camera or video camera to capture what you like.
7. Bring address labels or an address stamp with your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and wedding date to register for prizes. This will save you time and prevent writer's cramp.
8. Bring a large bag (or bag with wheels) so you may comfortably carry all of the handouts and samples you receive from the exhibitors.
9. Wear comfortable shoes since you will be walking and standing on your feet for hours.
10. Bring your calendar so you may book appointments.
11. Bring cash and your check book to take advantage of show discounts on-site.
12. Bring your color swatches if you still need a designer, florist, and bakery.
13. Make a list of priorities of products and services you need the most.
14. Some vendors may be able to book 1 or 2 weddings a day which will make them book more quickly. Photographers, DJs, wedding planners, florists, and videographers may be examples of this vendor type. Other vendors may be able to book multiple weddings on the same day. Keep this in mind when organizing your priorities.
15. Stay until the end of the show, you may be able to have props which are leftover from the exhibitors.
Arizona Bridal Show
Saturday, Jan. 10 and Sunday, Jan. 11
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Phoenix Convention Center
33 S. 3rd Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004