Where to recycle your Christmas tree, wreaths in PhoenixPosted: Updated:
PHOENIX -- The Public Works Department offers Phoenix residents a green-friendly way to dispose of their Christmas trees and wreaths.
Items are accepted at no charge, but the department would like to remind residents of the following.
- Bring trees unbagged
- Remove all decorations, lights and tinsel
- Remove nails/metal stakes and tree stands
- Secure trees during transport with material that can be cut off or untied easily
- Only dispose of trees in designated, marked areas
- Sites accept single trees from Phoenix residents
If you have additional questions call 602-495-3762.
Now through Sunday Jan. 4, 2015, you can drop your trees or wreaths off at any of the following recycling locations.
- Deer Valley Park, 19th Avenue and Utopia Road
- Paradise Valley Park, 40th Street south of Union Hills Drive
- Sereno Park, 56th Street and Sweetwater Avenue
- Cactus Park, 38th Avenue and Cactus Road
- Mountain View Park, Seventh Avenue south of Peoria Avenue
- Marivue Park, 59th Avenue and Osborn Road
- Washington Park, 23rd Avenue and Maryland Avenue
- Madison Park, 16th Street and Glenrosa Avenue
- Los Olivos Park, 28th Street and Devonshire Avenue
- Desert West Park, 67th Avenue and Encanto Boulevard
- El Reposo Park, Seventh Street and Alta Vista Road
- Mountain Vista Park, 50th Street just north of Ray Road
- Desert Foothills Park, Desert Foothills and Chandler Boulevard
- Cesar Chavez Park, 35th Avenue and Baseline Road
For other areas, contact your local public works department.