No-bake cookies make for easy holiday dessertPosted: Updated:
PHOENIX -- Need some new quick and easy dessert ideas for your holiday entertaining? Pastry chef Adam Stone of T. Cook's at Royal Palms Resort joined us on Good Morning Arizona to show us his no-bake cookies!
Stone says they were a favorite of his while growing up in Southern California. "When I was a kid, one of the most nostalgic things that my mom cooked around Christmastime was this no-bake cookie made with white chocolate, Spanish peanuts, and pretzels," says Stone. "It just resonated with me every day. I would just come home, see them, wouldn't even wait for her to scoop them. I would just go right into eating them."
On Thursday, Adam demonstrated his Camelback Crunch Cookie.
If you want Adam to make your holiday treats for you, for the first time, he's offering dozen and half-dozen cookie packages, available for purchase at Royal Palms "12 Days of Christmas Holiday Boutique."
"We have a different cookie every day," says Adam. "We've already gone through four of the cookies, and we're coming up on the 5th and 6th days."
Throughout the 12 Days of Christmas, the T. Cook’s bakery will be whipping up a cookie of the day that will be sold exclusively in the holiday boutique. Some of the options include Double Fudge Peppermint, Pumpkin Spice Whoopee Pie, Cranberry Orange Macaroon and Brown Butter Toffee Blondie.
The 12 Days of Christmas Boutique at Royal Palms Resort & Spa is open daily through December 25 from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m.
Cookie boxes are priced at $15 for one dozen and $7 for a half-dozen.
Here is the recipe for the Camelback Crunch Cookie Chef Adam Stone
Yield: ½ Sheet tray
White chocolate, coverture 12 oz.
Peanut butter, creamy 8 oz.
Rice Krispies Cereal 2 C.
Spanish Peanuts 6 oz.
Pretzels pieces 4 oz.
Miniature marshmallow 2 C.
Miniature Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips ½ C.
1. Place a stainless steel bowl over a pot of boiling water
2. Add white chocolate and peanut butter to bowl and stir with a rubber spatula until melted
3. Remove the bowl from the heat, and using a towel wipe the moisture off from the underside of the bowl
4. Add the remaining ingredients except for the mini chocolate chips and stir until well combined
5. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature so that when the mini chips are added they do not melt, once desired temperature is reached add the chips
6. Place the mixture in desired vessel or spread out on a half sheet tray fitted with parchment paper and cool completely in the fridge
7. Break, cut or eat directly from the fridge. Enjoy!