Post offices offering increased services, Sunday deliver for holidaysPosted: Updated:
PHOENIX -- The United States Postal Service will be ramping up their offerings to customers to meet the holiday demand.
Monday, Dec. 15, will be the busiest mailing day of the year, and the Postal Service’s Phoenix Processing & Distribution Center will process more than 3 million pieces of mail that day.
To accommodate increased holiday volume and for the convenience of postal customers, special pickups will be made from blue USPS collection boxes throughout the Phoenix metro area on the two Sundays before Christmas, Dec. 14 and Dec. 21, for early processing.
Valley postal customers are encouraged to deposit their holiday cards and letters in blue collection boxes outside Post Office locations by 3 p.m. on Sunday for pickup that afternoon. Mail can also be dropped off Sunday inside metro area Post Offices.
For added customer convenience, nine Valley Post Office locations will be open and offering full retail services both Sundays, Dec. 14 and 21:
• Phoenix Main Post Office, 4949 E. Van Buren St., 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Phoenix Ahwatukee Station, 11010 S. 51st St., 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Phoenix Boulder Hills Station, 2550 E. Rose Garden Lane, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Phoenix Cactus Station, 2901 E. Greenway, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Phoenix Maryvale Station, 4415 N. Maryvale Pkwy., 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Phoenix Osborn Station, 3905 N. 7th Ave., 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Chandler Main Post Office, Boston St., 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Goodyear Post Office, 401 W. Western Ave., 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Surprise Branch, 14955 W. Bell Rd., 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Also, many Valley Post Offices have self-service kiosks available 24/7, where customers can buy postage and ship small- and medium-sized parcels using a debit or credit card. Among the locations in the metro area offering round-the-clock kiosk access are the following Post Offices: Chandler Andersen Springs Station, 1900 W. Carla Vista Dr.; Glendale Arrowhead Station, 19801 N. 59th Ave.; Mesa Main Post Office, 135 N. Center St.; Scottsdale Air Park Station, 8175 E. Evans Rd.; and Tempe South Station, 8205 S. Priest Dr.
Customers can look up additional kiosk locations and even purchase postage online by visiting www.usps.com.
In addition, there will be delivery of packages in the metro area on both Sundays leading up to the holiday to help get holiday gifts delivered to customers promptly, as the biggest delivery day of the year approaches on Wednesday, Dec. 17.