HOTLINE: Sunday, Nov. 23Posted: Updated:
Dr. Art Mollen
Dr. Mollen's Practice is located at 16100 N. 71st St. in Scottsdale. For more information, call 480-656-0016 or log onto www.drartmollen.com.
Mindy Villone, Coupon Sense representative, gave a special offer for viewers who use the promo code "Mindy" at www.couponsense.com. You can also contact Mindy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you'd like to add Sunday's Sweetheart or any other pet to your family, contact the Arizona Humane Society at 602-997-7585. For more information about AHS events and programs, visit www.azhumane.org.
To send questions to Chef Dad, email email@example.com
For more of Chef Dad's recipes, go to www.chefdad.com
Chef Dad's Turkey Italiano
1-2 lbs. cooked turkey meat (cut into cubes about 1 inch in size)
1 lb. Italian sausage links
1 red bell pepper (seeds and stems removed, and diced into large pieces)
1 green bell pepper (seeds and stems removed, and diced into large pieces)
1 lb. pasta (your favorite -- spaghetti, penne, bow tie, etc.)
1 (24 oz.) jar of marinara
2 tbsp. butter or olive oil
Salt and pepper
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
Parmesan cheese (grated)
1) Preheat your oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees then bake your sausage for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, let rest for 10 minutes then slice into several pieces. Set aside until later.
2) Bring your salted water up to a boil over high heat, but don't add your pasta until you're ready to begin step three. This way, your pasta will be ready about the same time as your turkey and sausage mixture.
3) In a large frying pan over medium heat, melt your butter or olive oil then sauté the bell peppers with crushed red pepper and a few pinches of salt and pepper for three minutes. Add the sliced sausage, diced turkey and marinara. Reduce heat to medium low then cook together for about five minutes. Turn off heat and cover until pasta is done.
4) Put the cooked, drained pasta on a large serving platter then pour the sauce/meat combo over the top. Sprinkle desired amount of parmesan cheese over the top.
This recipe serves four to six people.
Cook's note: The amount of leftover turkey, whether it's a little bit or a lot, doesn't matter. One to two pounds is just an estimate.
Chef Dad's Homemade Chicken Stock
2 gallons water (best available)
4-5 lbs. chicken wings*
1 bunch of celery (large diced)
4 carrots (peeled and large diced)
6 garlic cloves (cut in half)
4 yellow onions (peeled and quartered)
1/4 bunch of parsley
2 bay leaves
6 sprigs of thyme
2 tbsp. Kosher salt
1 tbsp. peppercorns
1) Combine water with just the chicken over high heat and bring to a medium simmer for 15 minutes. Skim froth off the top of the water until it is completely gone, about 10 minutes.
2) Add all remaining ingredients, stir and let simmer (not boil) for two hours. Stir at least once every half hour.
3) Line the inside of strainer with a few layers of cheesecloth then strain contents through that strainer into a large bowl. Discard solids. Taste broth for possible addition of Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper.
4) Let cool for about 10 minutes then put in clean glass jars.
Refrigerate for up to two weeks. Freeze for up to three months. If you freeze them, make sure you leave room in the jar for the liquid to expand -- about 1 inch from the top of the jar.
Canning: Those of you who have made food then preserved it in jars can follow those techniques to keep your stock in the pantry for longer periods of time.
*Rather than buying chicken wings, you can always use your leftover chicken or turkey carcass. I use either one large turkey carcass or two chicken carcasses. Use them right away or freeze them until you're ready to make the stock.
Wally's Weekly Car Review
For more on Wally Cahill: www.azmotorsportsmania.tv, Wally's Weekly Car Reviews on Facebook, or @CahillWally on Twitter.
2015 VW Jetta 2.0L TDI SE
ext. Reflex Silver Metallic
int. Black Leatherette
2.0L Turbo 4 Cyl Clean Diesel 150 HP 236 Lb Ft of Torque
6 Speed Manual Transmission
Electro Mechanical Speed Sensitive Power Steering
Fog Lights & Daytime Running Lights
4 Wheel Independent Suspension
17" Alloy Wheels
Comfort & Convienience Features
Letherette Seat Covers
Smart Steering Wheel
Power tilt & Slide Sunroof
RNS 315 Touch Screen Infotainment System w/ Rearview Camera
Fender Premium Sound System
Dual Zone Climate Control; w/Heated Front Seats
Split Rear Seat w/Trunk Pass Through
31 MPG City 46 MPG Highway Real World 48-52 MPG
MSRP $26,410.00 As Tested $28,920.00
Big Inflatable Balls
Paradise Valley Mall
Blue Elephant Creations
Sharon Vincent- 480-717-9871