I-10 narrowed in Buckeye, Chandler areas (Nov. 21-24)Posted: Updated:
PHOENIX -- Freeway-improvement projects will require closures or lane restrictions in the Phoenix area this weekend (Nov. 21-24), according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. Drivers are encouraged to allow extra travel time or consider alternate routes while the following scheduled weekend restrictions are in place:
• Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane near Watson and Miller roads in Buckeye from 11:30 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Nov. 24) for bridge work. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time, consider alternate routes and be prepared to slow down and merge safely approaching the work zone.
• Eastbound I-10 narrowed to one lane between State Route 85 and Verrado Way in Buckeye from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday (Nov. 22) for lane striping. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and consider adjusting travel schedule if possible.
• Northbound Interstate 17 narrowed to one lane overnight between 19th Avenue and Grant Street from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (Nov. 24) and from 9 p.m. Monday to 5 a.m. Tuesday (Nov. 25) for pavement improvements. Northbound I-17 off-ramps at Buckeye Rd. and Grant Street closed. DETOUR: Please use off-ramps at other nearby interchanges, including 19th Avenue.
• Northbound State Route 85 ramp to westbound I-10 in Buckeye closed from 4:30 a.m. Saturday to 7 p.m. Sunday (Nov. 23) for bridge work. DETOUR: Please consider alternate routes, including using northbound SR 85 ramp to eastbound I-10, then exiting eastbound I-10 at Miller Road and turning to use westbound I-10 on-ramp.
• Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane overnight between Queen Creek Road (SR 347) and Wild Horse Pass Boulevard from 9 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday (Nov. 22) for widening project. Westbound I-10 on-ramp at Queen Creek Road closed overnight. Eastbound I-10 narrowed to one lane between Wild Horse Pass Boulevard and Queen Creek Road from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (Nov. 23) for widening project. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time. On Friday night, consider using westbound I-10 on-ramps at either Riggs Road or Wild Horse Pass Boulevard while ramp at Queen Creek Road is closed.
For a listing of other restrictions for Phoenix-area freeway improvements, including overnight ramp closures, visit www.azdot.gov/OtherClosures.
For a complete list of highway and freeway restrictions around the state visit ADOT's Travel Information site at www.az511.gov or call 5-1-1.