Your Life A to Z Recipe: Friday, November 21th, 2014: Beer Braised Bison by Chef Aaron PoolPosted: Updated:
Beer Braised Bison
• 3 lbs Bison Sirloin (“lesser” cut will work great)
• 1 Medium White Onion, diced
• 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
• 1 Bottle Beer (whatever is in the fridge, I’d stay away from the Natty Ice)
• 1 Tablespoon Chile De Arbol
• 1 Tablespoon Chile Powder
• 1 Tablespoon Cumin
• 2 Cups Low Sodium Beef Stock
• 1 Bay Leaf
• Kosher Salt
• Cracked Black Pepper
• Olive Oil
• Cutting Board
• Wood Spoon
• Measuring Cups
• Measuring Spoons
• Dutch Oven
• Preheat oven to 350
• Place bison on cutting board and season with salt and pepper.
• Heat Dutch Oven on Medium High heat with 2 count of olive oil.
• Sear Bison on both sides for 2 minutes or until golden in color.
• Remove Bison and place on cutting board. Add onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring with wooden spoon.
• Turn heat to medium and add garlic, sauté for 2-3 minutes, continuing to stir so garlic will not burn.
• Add cumin, and chile powders to mixture and cook additional 2 minutes.
• Add beer and stock to deglaze pan. Stir. Season with salt and pepper.
• Place bison in Dutch Oven and place lid on top. Put in preheated oven and cook for 4 hours.