Apps and sites that will save you money this holiday seasonPosted: Updated:
Your computer and cell phone can save you big money if you know the best sites and apps to use.
Deals Diva Alicia Markham gives viewers some tips on what sites and apps they can use to save money, and what businesses are already having great sales before Black Friday.
Through Ebates you get cash back for shopping at any of thousands of stores that partner with Ebates. You'll even get a free $10 bonus gift card after you make your first $25+ purchase through the site.
The stores pay an advertising fee to Ebates and they share it with you. You'll get a check a couple of times a year. For example, if you were going to buy something online from Bath & Body Works, you would first go to Ebates, search for the store, and click "shop now". A percentage of your purchase will go automatically into your account.
Ibotta gets you money back on items already on your list like milk, eggs, bread, and lots of other items. You can use the app in addition to any coupons and sales.
You click on the rebate you want, follow the directions, then when you redeem the rebate you scan the barcode with your phone and take a picture of your receipt. It takes just a minute and the money will go in your account within a day or so. You can use Ibotta at Costco, Sam's Club, WinCo Foods, Walgreens, Target, Albertsons, and lots of other Valley stores.
Checkout 51 is another app similar to Ibotta. They have even more items that you can get cash back for.
If you want to see Ballet Arizona's Nutcracker, there's a site that can help you get tickets for a lot less. Travelzoo has deal for up to 60% off Nutcracker tickets. Instead of spending $50-$163, you'll pay $20-$98 plus fees for tickets to select shows.
If you have an American Express card, head here to get it registered for Small Business Saturday. You can get $10 back up to three times when you shop at small businesses on Nov. 29. Registration is limited, so sign up now.
There are tons of great deals going on Nov. 17. Black Friday for business starts now at Staples. Click here for deals for your office or home or both! If you aren’t signed up for the free Staples Rewards Program yet, click here to get signed up. You’ll get free shipping with no minimums and earn 5% back in rewards.
Markham's favorite deals:
- Click here to get Apple TV for just $79, usually $99. I don’t believe I’ve seen it priced that low.
- Click here to get the Beats by Dre Executive headphones for just $159.99, list price $299.95. These are nice looking (and they sound even better).
- Nov. 17 only, head over here to take $140 off the 8.9″ Kindle Fire HDX. You’ll pay $259 instead of $399. Check out all of the specs, if this is on your lsit, this is the day to order it.
- Minecraft is huge with the kids right now and here’s a great way to give them books they’ll love. Head over here to get Minecraft: The Complete Handbook Collection (hardcover) for just $19.18, list price $31.06.
- And finally, we all need to make holiday cards. Head over here to get 50 custom cards from Staples for $10 (usually $43.99). You can pick them up in store too! “The double-sided 5”x7” flat cards are printed on matte paper that’s produced in store. Groupon customers place their order online, then pick it up at a local Staples Copy & Print location.”
Enjoy the deals!
Deals Diva Alicia Markham has one goal -- to help you live life better for less.
"I only post deals I truly love and would buy or participate in myself," she says.
A stay-at-home mom of two, Markham describes herself as frugal and says she is passionate about saving money. She wants to help you hang on to your hard-earned dollars, too.
"I think it's so important to save without sacrificing your quality of life," she says.
Markham's blog won Phoenix Magazine's Best of the Valley recognition in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
If there's a deal to be had, Markham will find it and share it with you.