Your Life A to Z Recipe: Friday, November 14th, 2014:Braised Kale with Scrambled Eggs & Avocado Salsa over PolentaPosted: Updated:
Braised Kale with Scrambled Eggs & Avocado Salsa over Polenta
Yield: 4 Servings
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 small Onion, thinly sliced
1 bunch Lacinato kale, ribs removed, torn in bite-size pieces
1 Tbsp Braggs “amino acids”
To taste Freshly ground black pepper
2 each Tomatoes, core removed and cut into 3/4 inch chunks
1 each Avocado, cut into ¾ inch chunks
As needed Lemon juice
To taste Kosher salt
1 recipe Polenta (recipe follows)
1 Tbsp Butter
8 each Eggs
3 Tbsp Basil leaves, torn
1. Heat a large sauté pan over med. high heat. Add the oil and onion; sauté over low heat until onions are caramelized and golden brown. Add the kale and season with amino acids and pepper. Cover and wilt briefly, about 2 minutes.
2. In the meantime, make the salsa. Combine the tomato and avocado in a mixing bowl, add the lemon, salt and pepper and fold together. Spoon some of the polenta in a shallow bowl and mound some of the kale over the polenta.
3. Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and add the eggs; scramble gently and spoon over the kale. Top with the avocado salsas and torn basil leaves.
1 cup Course polenta
2 Tbsp Butter
3/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
To taste Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring 5 cups of water to a boil in a 4 qt. saucepan, salt to taste
2. Slowly whisk in the polenta. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, for 25 to 30 minutes. Add a little more water if necessary. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.