Disney design experts share their best holiday decorating tipsPosted: Updated:
THE MERRIEST PLACE ON EARTH (ANAHEIM, Calif.) -- Decorating experts at the Disneyland Resort have to get started early.
The holiday season at Disneyland Resort starts Thursday, Nov. 13, and continues daily through
Tuesday, Jan. 6, 2015.
The design experts who turn Disneyland into a holiday wonderland shared five of their favorite tips for you to use as you create your holiday house.
1. Capture all five senses, especially smell.
2. Use cable ties to keep ornaments in place on trees and garlands. (You can find the zip ties -- green is best -- in the electrical section of most home-improvement stores.) Cover the ties with bows.
3. Get creative. Customize what you buy by adding ribbons, bows and glitter -- whatever you like.. Pinterest is a great source for ideas.
4. Lighting technique is key. Garland maker Cathy suggests going back and forth to make it easier to remove the lights when the time comes.
5. Take pictures so you can recreate your favorite looks next year.
- How you can meet Disney's "Frozen" stars, Elsa and Anna
- Disney design experts share their best holiday decorating tips
- Creating and organizing Disney's holiday magic
- Disneyland's holiday design secrets revealed
- Disney magic spookifies Happiest Place on Earth for Halloween
- Day at Disneyland now $96
- An inside look at the Disney magic that brings Cars Land to life
- All-access pass to Disneyland: Scuba divers, Circle D Ranch and Candy Palace
- Unlocking the secrets of Disneyland: The magic is in the details
- Grown-up getaways at Disneyland