Creating and organizing Disney's holiday magicPosted: Updated:
THE MERRIEST PLACE ON EARTH (ANAHEIM, Calif.) -- Decorating experts at the Disneyland Resort have to get started early.
The holiday season at Disneyland Resort starts Thursday, Nov. 13, and continues daily through
Tuesday, Jan. 6, 2015.
It's a huge job (understatement), which means organization is essential.
"There's no not getting it done at Disneyland," Disneyland Design Team Leader Rachel said with a laugh. "You have to get it done."
You thought storing your holiday decorations was tough? Imagine a warehouse filled with 700 Christmas trees, thousands of bows, crates of ornaments, miles of garland and more lights than can be counted (50,000 for "it's a small world" Holiday alone!).
Rachel says she does not get overwhelmed.
"I plan and plan and plan. And plan and plan," she said."We are as organized as possible and by doing so we can do a lot more work."
Everything is clearly labeled and stored on wheels to make moving decorations from the warehouse to the parks and hotels as easy as possible.
- How you can meet Disney's "Frozen" stars, Elsa and Anna
- Disney design experts share their best holiday decorating tips
- Creating and organizing Disney's holiday magic
- Disneyland's holiday design secrets revealed
- Disney magic spookifies Happiest Place on Earth for Halloween
- Day at Disneyland now $96
- An inside look at the Disney magic that brings Cars Land to life
- All-access pass to Disneyland: Scuba divers, Circle D Ranch and Candy Palace
- Unlocking the secrets of Disneyland: The magic is in the details
- Grown-up getaways at Disneyland