Sheraton reopens after electrical fire

Posted: Updated:
By Chloe Nordquist By Chloe Nordquist

PHOENIX -- The Sheraton in downtown Phoenix reopened Friday morning after a fire forced the hotel to close its doors last week.

Over 800 guests were evacuated last Saturday after an electrical room caught on fire, causing smoke to pour into the hallways and out of the building.

No one was hurt, but electricians are still working on replacing everything in the hotel's electrical room. Part of the repairs required custom-made parts, causing a delay in restoration.

Hotel officials said they have been working closely with the Phoenix Fire Department to conduct tests to make sure everything is back to normal.

Officials are still investigating how the fire started.

For additional information, visit www.sheratonphoenixdowntown.com.

Related stories: