Recipe: Fired Up Grill's filet mignonPosted: Updated:
CHANDLER, Ariz. -- Fired Up Grill is gearing up for its HalloWINE dinner, which will feature four courses and wine from 750 Wines. The restaurant shared the recipe for its main course, filet mignon, with 3TV.
Fired Up Grill's HalloWINE dinner
Wednesday, Oct. 29 at 6:30 p.m.
7131 W. Ray Rd. Ste. 45, Chandler, AZ 85226 (behind AJ's at Ray Road and 56th Street)
Call 480-940-4040 to make a reservation
Filet mignon with a medley of sautéed greens and whipped potato, finished with a red wine “force of nature Cabernet” demi sauce
-Four filet mignon
-1/4 cup + 2 tbsp olive oil
-Salt and pepper
-1 lb. mixed green blend (kale, chard, etc.)
-1 tbsp. minced garlic
-1 tsp. red pepper flakes
-Yukon gold potatoes
-1 cup beef stock
-1 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
-1/4 lb. butter
1. Season filet with salt and pepper. Sear filet in 1/4 cup olive oil top and bottom, and finish in a 500-degree oven approximately four to seven minutes, depending on the size of the filet and your cooking preference.
2. Sautee mixed greens in the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Greens should be dark in color when finished, approximately 90 seconds.
3. Cook potatoes in crock pot with salted boiling water until fork tender, approximately 20 minutes. Drain and whip with butter, milk, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. For the sauce, bring beef stock to a boil and add Cabernet Sauvignon and butter, stirring frequently.
5. Lay mixed greens in center of plate, top with filet, pipe whipped potatoes on top of filet and surround with sauce.