Your Life A to Z Recipe: Monday, October 27th, 2014: Herb Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Anaheim Chilies & PecansPosted: Updated:
Yield: 4 servings
2-3 Sweet potato (about 2 lb), peeled and cut into 3/4” cubes (Will yield about 5 cups)
1 small Red onion, cut into ¾” dice (1/4 lb)
2 cloves Garlic, chopped
2 tsp Rosemary
½ tsp Coriander, freshly toasted and ground
1 Tbsp Olive oil
To taste Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 large Red bell pepper, roasted, peeled & cut in strips
1-2 each Anaheim chili, roasted, peeled & cut in strips
2 tsp White wine vinegar
¼ cup Pecans, toasted
2 tsp Parsley, chopped
1. Pre-heat oven to 475 degrees. Place a large roasting pan in the oven; it needs to be very hot.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweet potato, onion, garlic, rosemary and coriander. Add the olive oil; season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
3. Pour the sweet potato and onion into the hot roasting pan and stir. Place back in the oven and roast until potatoes are cooked through, stirring occasionally; about 25-30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, place the red bell pepper and roasted chili in a small mixing bowl. Add the vinegar, a little salt and pepper and set aside.
5. Remove potatoes from the oven when they are tender and stir in the roasted pepper mixture, check for seasoning and transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with the pecans and parsley.