PHOENIX -- A puppy that was set on fire has recovered from her injuries and has found a new home.
Ashliegh Goebel with the Arizona Humane Society said a group of kids poured gasoline on the 5-month-old cocker spaniel and set her on fire.
Witnesses passing by were able to put out the flames and the puppy was rushed to AHS' trauma center for homeless pets.
Goebel said Nena arrived at the Second Chance Animal Hospital in critical condition. Her face was badly burned and both eyes were swollen shut and oozing.
Goebel said not only was Nena in an incredible amount of pain, but she also was very shy around humans.
Staff administered pain medication and IV fluids and treated her burns.
Nena was sent to a foster home for several weeks where she made a full recovery and learned to trust people again, according to Goebel.
Nena was adopted Thursday and will live in Prescott with her new family.