3 Dogs rescued from house fire

Posted: Updated:
By Chloe Nordquist By Chloe Nordquist
By Chloe Nordquist By Chloe Nordquist
By Chloe Nordquist By Chloe Nordquist
By Chloe Nordquist By Chloe Nordquist
By Chloe Nordquist By Chloe Nordquist

MESA, Ariz. -- Three dogs were rescued from a house fire Tuesday after the home went up in flames.

The three dogs, Cisco the Kid, Cosmo Kramer, and Minnie escaped the fire with minimal injuries with the help of Mesa Fire.

Tom Evans, his wife Vickie, and their 17-year-old daughter were away when the fire started.

"When we were on the highway I saw the black smoke," Vickie Evans said.

Cisco had burns on his face and Minnie suffered from severe smoke inhalation. Mesa Fire even performed doggie CPR on Minnie.

"I'm just blessed that my residents called the fire department and they got here when they did or we would have lost our dogs," Evans said.

The dogs were later taken to the vet for further assistance.

The house near Val Vista and Broadway is a total loss and the family does not have renters insurance.