Fire breaks out in kitchen of Scottsdale home

Posted: Updated:
By Christina O'Haver By Christina O'Haver
By Christina O'Haver By Christina O'Haver
By Christina O'Haver By Christina O'Haver
By Christina O'Haver By Christina O'Haver
By Christina O'Haver By Christina O'Haver

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Firefighters helped a man out of a Scottsdale home Sunday after a fire broke out in the kitchen.

Scottsdale Fire Capt. Wayne Bader said when firefighters arrived, a female had already exited the home near Indian School and Hayden roads, but a man in his 40s was still inside.

"The units arrived here very quickly, did what we train on every single day," Bader said. "They made a quick knockdown, did a real quick search and rescue, and removed one of the folks out of the structure."

Firefighters also pulled a cat out of the home.

Bader said it appears the fire started on the stovetop, but it is still under investigation.

The damage was contained to the kitchen.

Bader said neither occupant appeared to be injured, but the man was taken to a hospital for further evaluation.