Disturbance reported at Scottsdale restaurantPosted: Updated:
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) -- The co-owners of a Scottsdale restaurant that shot to reality TV notoriety deny chasing a drunken man out of their business with a knife.
Samy Bouzaglo, who operates Amy's Baking Company with wife Amy, said Sunday that he was holding a silver pen, not a knife, when he followed the man outside.
Scottsdale police were called to the restaurant Saturday afternoon about an intoxicated man causing a disturbance. Police spokesman David Pubins says the man already left by the time officers arrived.
Amy Bouzaglo says the man charged at her and her husband pushed her out of the way. Pubins says witnesses reported Samy Bouzaglo had waved a knife while yelling.
Pubins says no arrests were made but charges may be pending if the man is located.
A video posted by website TMZ shows Samy Bouzaglo holding a long, silver object and the couple cursing and yelling at someone.
The couple became the subject of attention after an appearance on "Kitchen Nightmares" in May 2013.
- 911 call released in disturbance at Amy's Baking Company
- Amy's Baking Company owners go from reality TV to Internet infamy
- Amy's Baking Company to revisit 'Kitchen Nightmares'
- Amy's Baking Company announces new reality series
- List puts Amy's Baking Company owners among 10 worst bosses in the country
- Restaurant reopens after bad reality TV experience
- Pizzeria owners wage war of words with blogger who posted bad review
© 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.