HOTLINE: Sunday, Sept. 28Posted: Updated:
How is your Fantasy Football team doing? Are you kicking butt, or do you need some help? Fantasy Football experts Jeff Coruccini and or Russ Bliss from FantasyFootballStarters.com will be here Sunday to give us all the updates on who's in and who's out.
But if you want to get a jump on all the details, check their website: www.fantasyfootballstarters.com
P.O. Box 25732
Scottsdale, Arizona 85255
Dr. Art Mollen
Dr. Mollen's Practice is located at 16100 N. 71st St. in Scottsdale. For more information, call 480-656-0016 or log onto www.drartmollen.com.
If you'd like to add Sunday's Sweetheart or any other pet to your family, contact the Arizona Humane Society at 602-997-7585. For more information about AHS events and programs, visit www.azhumane.org.
To email questions to Chef Dad, email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more of Chef Dad's recipes, go to www.chefdad.com
Chef Dad's Tips on "How to Boil Pasta"
1. Use a large pot that holds at least 1 1/2 gallons of water. If you cook a lot of pasta in your house, the best pasta pots are the two-part units with a removable strainer.
2. Use good quality water because bad-tasting water makes bad-tasting pasta.
3. Start heating the water well in advance. It can take certain stoves up to 25 minutes or so before your water comes to a boil. Use a lid until you put the pasta in. You can always lower the temp and keep covered until you are ready to cook the pasta. If your tap water tastes good, use the hot water from there to save 10 minutes of heating time.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of salt (Kosher or sea salt preferably) per gallon of water.
5. Do not add pasta until your water is boiling vigorously.
6. Make sure your sauce and other pairings are ready to serve before the pasta is done. Your pasta should always be the last thing cooked, otherwise it clumps up and becomes a mess to work with.
7. Add your pasta, and use a large wooden spoon to stir frequently for the first two minutes to keep the noodles from sticking together. Stir it once every few minutes after that. Set your timer for one minute less than the cooking instructions on the box call for.
8. When your timer goes off, remove a piece of pasta and taste it every minute or so until it's cooked to your liking.
9. Drain pasta and let sit for about 45 seconds to one minute. NEVER rinse off your pasta with water! This removes the starch that holds onto your sauce.
10. Use a pair of tongs to put the pasta on the plate. Add sauce and serve immediately. Sprinkling a little grated cheese and chopped parsley adds flavor and a nice appearance to your dish.
11. If you're serving the pasta with a cream sauce, use a large pan to combine the two together before serving instead of just pouring the sauce on top.
If you ever want to precook cook your pasta to use within the next week, boil it for two minutes less than the box instructions call for. Drain it, let it cool for a few minutes, then drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil over it then toss. Put desired amount(s) of each serving you want for later in air-tight zipper bags, then put it in the fridge. When it comes time to eat, drop the pre-cooked pasta in boiling water (no salt necessary this time) for two minutes, then drain and serve.
Thinner pastas like angel hair are best used with lighter sauces such as pesto, olive oil or butter. Thicker pastas such as Fettuccine and Penne work well with heavier sauces like a meat or cream based one. Very simply put, thin pasta/light sauce vs. thick pasta/heavy sauce.
Wally's Weekly Car Review
For more on Wally Cahill, visit his website at www.azmotorsportsmania.tv, Facebook page at Wally's Weekly Car Reviews, or Twitter @CahillWally.
2014 Range Rover Evoque 5 Door
Construction features worth noting (beauty is skin deep)
Monocoque construction with high strength steels and ft. & RR subframes
(vehicle construction that combines body and chassis for maximum strength)
Aluminum roof/hood panels and magnesium cross beam in doors
2.0L turbocharged aluminum engine 240 HP / 250 lb. ft torque w/VVT
Nine-speed auto with sport mode and terrain response system
Active diffs w/ torque biasing / vectoring
Four-wheel independent long travel suspension with sway bars
19-inch alloy wheels; four-channel, all-terrain, anti-lock brakes
Auto halogen projector headlights (aka flame throwers)
LED signature courtesy lights in mirrors (seen @ night time only)
Full-length moon roof
Electronic lift gate
Solar attenuating front glass w/dual zone climate control
Full black leather int. w/ three-memory front seats
Adjustable ambient int lighting
8-inch infotainment screen with HD camera
380-watt,11-speaker meridian stereo
21 MPG city 30 MPG highway Real world 25.6 MPG
MSRP $41,100.00 As Tested $50,200.00
We get a rundown on the Valley's hottest jobs from Ryan Naylor at www.localwork.com
Growing industry: digital marketing
Companies hiring now in marketing:
East Valley Partnership -- Digital Media Marketing Specialist
Infusionsoft -- Marketing Services Consultant
Cypress Home Care Solutions -- Marketing Communications Assistant
Crisis Hospital Team Director
Qualifications: Degree in social work, counseling, psychology or related health field.
Minimum of three years work experience
Company: Desert Sage Veterinary Clinic
Work with animals and support veterinary clinic objectives
Would like to see:
- One year previous work experience
- Compassion to help people and their pets
- Positive attitude
- Work well under tense environment
Three simple tricks to making your day more efficient
1. Put that phone on airplane mode
2. Work on next-day task lists before you end your work day
3. Create a routine
Non-candy treats for Halloween
Candy isn't the only thing you can handout this Halloween. Chandler retailer Dollar Mania will be showcasing low-cost alternatives to candy for Halloween which will also help prevent a trip to the dentist.
963 W. Elliot Rd., Ste. 1
Chandler, AZ, 85225
Hours: Monday-Saturday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Dollar Mania is family-owned dollar store and dollar plus discount store in Chandler, Ariz. The Chandler Chamber of Commerce recently named us the best dollar store in Chandler.