HOTLINE: Monday, Sept. 22Posted: Updated:
Stardust Cheap Remodel
It's the Goodwill so-to-speak of Lowe's or Home Depot. Stardust Building Supplies is actually a non-profit, that will come into your home, free of charge, and tear out your kitchen, for example, for somebody else to reuse it in their remodel home project. They've got isles of toilets, chandalier's, cabinets, doors, windows, appliances, etc, anything you could imagine to redo your home, at 50-80% below retail prices. If you know how to repurpose an item, or refurbish to look like new, this is your place! For your home improvement projects, our gently-used building materials, appliances and furniture are priced at 50 to 80 percent below retail cost. Our inventory is donated by individuals and businesses, so we can keep prices low while diverting usable items from the waste stream. Your purchases help to support reuse services and programs as well as provide essential resources to low-income families and individuals.
September 26-28, 2014
Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Arizona State Fair Grounds
1826 W McDowell Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Over Easy Egg Challenge
Over Easy Broken Egg Breakfast Challenge-3rd year!
Share your favorite egg recipe!
Judging based on:
Submissions through Sept.22-Oct.20 Winners receive Hickman Eggs every week for a year and their recipe on the 2015 Over Easy menu. Submit at www.EatAtOverEasy.com or Contest@EatAtOverEasy.com
4730 E. Indian School Road
Fall Weekend Fun
Mario Andretti Racing Experience & NASCAR Racing Experience
- Hit the pavement at Phoenix International Raceway
- Strap into a real NASCAR race car or an open-cockpit Indy-style race car
- $64 (reg. $130), ride as a passenger with a pro driving instructor
- $199 (reg. $400), drive Indy-style or NASCAR race car by yourself
- NASCAR Fri-Sat., Oct. 3-4; Indy-style on Fri, Oct. 3 or Sun, Oct. 5
Lake Pleasant Cruises
- Spend an afternoon taking in the beauty of one of the area's largest lakes
- Sightseeing cruise: open-air rooftop deck or air-conditioned main deck
- Narration about the lake's history and view local wildlife
- 90-minute cruises sail Wednesday-Sunday
- $21 (reg. $42) for two
- $39 (reg. $84) party of four; kids 4 and under free
Horseback Ride at MacDonald's Ranch
- Wander desert trails on horseback
- Take in views of the Sonoran Desert and the McDowell Mountains
- $29 (reg. $60) for 90-minute horseback ride, suitable for all skill levels
- Seasoned wranglers will point out rattlesnakes, coyotes, rabbits and hawks along the way
- Free petting zoo for kids; classic Western games like cowboy golf and horseshoe pits
Octoberfest at Salt River Fields
- Over 50 types of beer, wine and other drinks available for purchase
- Event takes place on Saturday, Oct. 11, between 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- $5 (reg. $10) admission; Kids 12 and under Free
Phoenix BBQ & Grilling School
- Hands-on, 6-hour barbecue cooking and smoking class
- Learn cooking on charcoal and gas grills; smoking meats using two types of pellet smokers
- Prep your cuts; how to make and use dry rubs, brines and injections
- Dine on your creations: pulled pork, pork tenderloin, beef brisket, buffalo wings
- $69 per person (reg. $150), savings over 50%
- Classes Friday, Saturdays or Sundays
The Legacy Golf Club
- One of Arizona's Top 10 Golf Resorts (Conde Nast Traveler 2012)
- An 18-hole round of golf on this par-71, 6,908-yard course
- Includes cart rental and a bucket of range balls per person
- $55 (reg. $138) tee time for two; $99 (reg. $276) foursome
- Valid anytime Fridays; after 11 a.m. Saturdays-Sundays