2 Hospitalized after house fire in Chandler

Posted: Updated:
By Mike Gertzman By Mike Gertzman
By Mike Gertzman By Mike Gertzman
By Catherine Holland By Catherine Holland
By Catherine Holland By Catherine Holland

CHANDLER, Ariz. -- Two people are in the hospital after an early morning fire at a Chandler home.

It happened Friday morning in the neighborhood northeast of Chandler Boulevard and Alma School Road.

According to Battalion Chief Keith Welch, one of the patients suffered smoke inhalation. The other was transported as a precaution.

A third person was in the house when the fire started but refused treatment at the scene.

The dogs that were in the home escaped the fire unharmed.

Investigators do not know what sparked the fire, but they believe it started on the back patio.