HOTLINE: Thursday, September 18Posted: Updated:
Car Care for Women
For ladies who want to learn more about your car and how to extend its life, there is a class for you! Learn how to respond and prevent a maintenance malfunction on the road. Ladies will also learn how to check car fluids, inspect hoses, properly inflate tires, change a time and more. We will demonstrate a basic hands on example and share the three things you must know
The Basic Car Care for Ladies Only class is Oct. 11 and 18 at Rio Vista Recreation Center. Registration is required.
- First, popcorn with a little kick - the perfect tailgate snack! We are loving Capital Corn & Confections! From sweet to savory, Capital Corn & Confections has 12 flavors of all-natural popcorn, including Cookies & Cream, Cinnamon Bun, Red Velvet (in honor of the Card's colors), Sour Cream & Chives. With 3 sizes to choose from - you'll be sure there's enough to last the entire game! www.trentonpopcorn.com
- Top off your tailgate party with a sweet treat from Daisy Cakes! These are hands down the most delicious and decadent cakes you will ever eat. Kim Nelson started Daisy Cakes using recipes passed down from her grandmothers and great aunt. Each authentic Southern cake is baked with farm fresh, local ingredients and hand iced with sweet cream frosting. They're packaged in a tin and shipped on dry ice right to your doorstep. Daisy Cakes makes the perfect Cards cake - Red Velvet yumminess! www.ilovedaisycakes.com
- Finally a lower calorie, delicious alternative to the predictable high-calorie beer served from the keg. Stack Wine www.drinkstack.com offers tear-apart single-serve disposable packages of quality California wine including a Red Blend, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Grigio, and Chardonnay.
Each serving is shaped like a stemless wine glass: four individual containers stack on top of one another to form the equivalent of one full bottle of wine. For the eco-conscious tailgaters, the product and packaging is 100% recyclable. The classy and convenient concept also avoids the hassle of glassware and a corkscrew. Stack Wine is $12.99 and is available at Cost Plus World Market, Albertsons or drinkstack.com
- Every responsible tailgating party should have a designated driver, but that doesn't mean they can't enjoy a delicious beverage! We love Aquasana's Powered Water Filtration System because it's so easy to whip up a tasty fruit-infused "mocktail." Aquasana's half gallon water pitcher is the only pitcher on the market tested to remove 96% of chlorine and contaminants lurking in our tap water, in just seconds. Add some berries or pomegranate seeds -any red fruit you like and you'll have even healthier, more delicious water - with a little red tint for the Cards. The Aquasana pitcher is sold online at www.aquasana.com, Sur La table, Williams-Sonoma, Front Gate and Crate & Barrel.
New York Street Style
After a lot of walking, cabbing and observing,the killer street style of New Yorkers began to emerge and it wasn't all the different from what people sport here in Phoenix and Scottsdale.
1. First thing short skirts and short shorts! What is best about the look, is if the legs were On display, the upper body was covered up. This created balance and class to a trend that could be misinterpreted.
2. Skinny jeans or jeggings with oversized sweater coats! So cozy, so comfortable and yet extremely chic!
3. A line dresses in fun prints with flirty sleeves, jersey fabrics and mid thigh lengths. You could wear these dresses anywhere, literally! It is all about the boot, shoe or flat that dominates the finished look.
4. A cropped leather or pleather jacket is the must-have, chic go-to piece of the season! Worn with jeans, trousers a dress or anything else you can think of, this is the IT piece, you need.
Fall Fashion - Assessment Class at About Face Boutique
Learn the Best Styles for You for Fall
Saturday, Sept. 27, 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
Call to register: 602-292-0687
Ballet Arizona's annual Ballet Under the Stars performance is coming to neighborhood near you. The community-wide, FREE performances mark the beginning of the season for the company and brings the ballet right to your backyard. The dance company will take the show on the road starting September 18th to perform in communities across the Valley and allow folks to experience this form of art like never before. So bust out the blankets and popcorn because this is a unique event you don't want to miss.
Ballet Arizona Presents Ballet Under the Stars
September 18-27 at Various Valley Locations
All performances begin at 7 p.m.
Thursday, September 18 at Tempe Center for the Arts, Tempe
Friday, September 19 at Beardsley Park, Sun City West
Saturday, September 20 at Paul Mason Sports Complex, Casa Grande
Thursday, September 25 at Fountain Park, Fountain Hills
Friday, September 26 at Estrella Lakeside Amphitheater, Goodyear
Saturday, September 27 at Steele Indian School Park, Phoenix
2835 E. Washington Street