Pumpkin facials will leave your face glowing for fallPosted: Updated:
PHOENIX -- With our triple-digit temperatures, fall may still feel like a long way away. But that's not stopping folks from thinking about cooler weather, Halloween, and, of course, pumpkins!
Some pumpkin pamering treatments now offered at Suddenly Slimmer Day Spa will leave your skin glowing for the season ahead. You can also whip up yoru own from ingredients in your pantry.
Skin expert Dannielli Marcelino showed us how a few all-natural ingredients can be combined to help rejuvenate the skin and get it ready for the fall season!
"Fall is a time to renew yourself," says Marcelino. "Out with the old. Peel away the layers of sun damage."
Pumpkin is known to be a versatile ingredient. It's rich in anti-oxidants, enzymes, not to mention Vitamins C and K to help repair the skin structure and rid the skin of dead skin cells to let new cells shine!
You can treat yourself to these pumpkin products at the spa, but you can also go to your kitchen and mix up some simple, at-home facial masks and body scrubs.
Pumpkin Facial Mask
2 teaspoons cooked or canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon honey
1/4 teaspoon milk (or whipping cream, if your skin is very dry)
1. Combine ingredients and apply to a clean face with gentle circular motions, avoiding the area around your eyes.
2. Allow mask to remain on skin for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water, pat dry, and apply your usual moisturizer.
Pumpkin, Sugar, and Spice Scrub
1/2 cup cooked or canned pumpkin, pureed
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pumpkin skin care:
1. Combine ingredients in a bowl.
2. Stand in a tub or shower stall and use a damp washcloth to scoop some of the mixture up. Apply to body, starting with your feet and working your way up, but avoiding your face. Scrub gently using circular motions.
3. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
Suddenly Slimmer Day and Med Spa
3313 E. Indian School Rd.