HOTLINE: Wednesday, September 10Posted: Updated:
Costco membership deal
Click here for details
Brian Terry Foundation Supporter Bikes Across America
Trip Will Take Him from Slain U.S. Border Patrol Agent’s Hometown in Michigan to the Arizona Border Patrol Station that Honors Brian Terry’s Ultimate Sacrifice
Click here for more information
Hosted by the Exchange Club of Tempe and community volunteers, nearly 3,000 American flags - one for every victim of the Sept. 11, 2001terror attacks - will fly from Tempe Beach Park. The American Red Cross will be conducting several blood drives Thursday - Saturday.
Tempe Beach Park
Tempe, AZ 85281
Cool School: Canyon Springs
The principal, Mrs. Tricia Graham, is hoping to highlight their Renaissance Gifted and STEM Academy, the new Bright Child program, and the FOSS Kits.
Canyon Springs School
42901 N. 45th Avenue
Anthem, AZ 85087
New Food City
Food City is proud to celebrate its newly-remodeled store at 19th Avenue and Indian School Road in Phoenix with a grand reopening event this Wednesday! Shoppers can taste food samples throughout the store, and enjoy live performances from Mariachi singers and Ballet Folklorico dancers. Food City also will be grilling food outside of the store.
Shoppers are invited to the store on Wednesday for grocery and gift card giveaways:
- The first 500 shoppers to visit the store on Wednesday will receive a free bag filled with groceries (with purchase).
- Food City will give away grocery gift cards and prizes (including a grill and ice chest, among other giveaway items).
- Customers can register to win a 2014 Chevy Camaro (on display inside the supermarket) and tickets to the upcoming Luis Miguel concert.
Wednesday, September 10
6:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Mariachi singers: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., & from 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Ballet Folklorico dancers: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Food City Supermarket
1940 W. Indian School Rd. (NW corner of 19th Ave. & Indian School Rd.)
Seven years ago, Childsplay opened its 32nd season with Charlotte's Web, welcoming the community into its new home at Tempe Center for the Arts. On September 7, Charlotte and Wilbur return to the stage as the theatre company opens its 38th season of theatre for young audiences and families!
Performances of Charlotte's Web will be held at Tempe Center for the Arts, September 7th through October 12th, 2014, Saturdays at 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. and Sundays at 1:00 p.m. Tickets start at $12 and are on sale now at www.childsplayaz.org or at the Tempe Center for the Arts Box Office (480) 350-2822 (ext. 0). The play is recommended for ages 5 and up.
Tempe Center for the Arts
700 W. Rio Salado Parkway
Tempe, AZ 85281
Pet Fashion Week
From scarves to sparkle, to metallic, to rave prints.... doggie fashion is mimicking the latest designer trends on the New York Runways as this week's Fashion Week showcases the hottest looks.
- Scarves: New York Magazine named long scarves as one of the biggest trends for Fall 2014. Petco's Smoochie Pooch Pink Heart Fair Isle Dog Scarf is the perfect fall accessory for pets. The design will turn heads with its hearts and pom-poms.
- Sparkle: The Huffington Post claims head-to-toe sparkle is all the rage and designers such as Marc Jacobs and Chanel went all out with this during their shows. Bring sparkle to pets with simple accents such as Fashion Angels Create-a-Collar Sparkle Charm Cat Collar with customizable charms. Personalize a cat's collar with dazzling, gem-studded charms to get a one-of-a-kind look.
- Rave Prints: Kenzo and Proenza Schouler showed bright patterns on the runway and now pets can join in on the party too. To get the look, try Petco's Wag-a-Tude Blue Multi Skulls Print Dog Hoodie with blue, orange and green brightly-colored skulls or Petco's Pup Crew Sport Blue Blurry Stripes Dog Tank Top with bright neon colors.