Glendale storm damage and closuresPosted: Updated:
GLENDALE, Ariz. – City of Glendale staff are working diligently to assess damage and repair and restore operations and facilities for residents.
Below is an update on issues and closures or restrictions still in place.
Roads and washes in Glendale that are still closed:
- Roadways into Skunk Creek Park - 53rd Ave. north of Union Hills and 69th Ave. just north of Bell Rd.
City parks and facilities that are still closed, or restricted include:
- Thunderbird Conservation Park trail heads have partially reopened – at 55th Avenue and Pinnacle Peak Road and 67th Avenue and Patrick Lane; the entrance off of 59th Avenue is still closed
- Skunk Creek Linear Park at 51st Ave. and Beardsley to 73rd Ave. south of Bell Rd. remains closed
- Thunderbird Paseo Park at 51st Ave. to 75th Ave. north of Greenway Rd. and south of Bell Rd. remains closed
- Grand Canal Linear Park at 75th Ave. north of Camelback to the Loop 101 remains closed
- All city-owned sports fields will be closed for the next several days including the schedule programming, these include Foothills, Thunderbird Paseo, Sahuaro Ranch parks and the Youth Sports Complex.
- City-owned dog parks remain closed for the next several days, at Sahuaro Ranch, Foothills and Northern Horizon parks; in addition, skate courts at Foothills and Glendale Heroes parks are closed.
- The equestrian trail parking lot at Bethany Home Road and 81st Avenue is closed due to extensive land slide issues
Other updates and progress includes the reopening of Glendale Heroes Park at 83rd Ave. and Bethany Home Rd. In addition, the city’s 23 retention basins are slowly receding with no issues at this time.
To report any downed trees and road hazards during regular business hours, call 623-930-2670. After 5 p.m. on a weekday and on weekends, call 602-582-6814.
With potential storms coming through the Valley, if residents can get sand and sandbags at the following locations:
- Glendale Fire Support Services: 7505 N. 55th Ave. (Near 55th Ave. & Orangewood)
- City of Glendale Community Center North: 14061 N. 59th Ave. (Near 59th Ave. & Hearn)
- Bonsall Park: Northeast corner of 59th Avenue and Bethany Home Road (next to hockey rink)
For additional information and updates, visit www.glendaleaz.com.