AHS Pet Telethon on Saturday sure to be the cutest two hours on TVPosted: Updated:
PHOENIX -- The 16th annual Arizona Humane Society Pet Telethon just hours away. You can see your donations in action and celebrate the joy of pets.
3TV's April Warnecke met some of the adorable pups that will be in the puppy pen. There will be a kitten corral, as well.
The Pete Telethon is the culmination of the Summer to Save Lives, and eight-week community engagement campaign in partnership with 3TV.
The telethon will broadcast live from AHS’ Nina Mason Pulliam Campus for Compassion, giving a behind-the-scenes look at some of our adoptable dogs, cats and critters.
During "Good Morning Arizona" on Saturday (6 a.m.-10 a.m.), an anonymous donor is matching online donations up to $5,000.
16th annual Arizona Humane Society Pet Telethon
Tune in today on 3TV and the CW6
12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Online donations matched up to $60,000
For more information about the Arizona Humane Society and its life-saving work, check out AZHumane.org.
Your money at work
- $25 - Helps provide one EAMT with life-saving supplies for an animal suffering from severe trauma.
- $60 - Helps provide the life-saving supplies and medical care for one kitten in the kitten nursery.
- $100 - Helps find a forever home for one animal through our mobile adoption unit, Waggin' Wheels.
- $150 - Helps spay or neuter one cat and one dog as AHS fights the pet overpopulation crisis in our community.
- $275 - Helps put one dog through behavior modification so he or she can be adopted.
- $500 - Helps cover the cost to repair an animal's leg fracture in AHS' Second Chance Animal Hospital.
- $1,000 - Helps save the life of one severely injured animal.