Fall Fashion Forecast!Posted: Updated:
Fall Fashion Forecast!
Alexa Salari, Savvy Fashionista
We’re a little more than a month away from fall, and with a new season on the horizon that must mean new fashions. Now this is partly true. We’re seeing new designs for fall, but they incorporate a very familiar print… and that’s florals! They’re a huge trend come spring and summer, but for this upcoming fall season florals are more popular than ever.
1. It’s #floralfriday, so that calls for a timeless piece to begin the looks… the pencil skirt. But I’m not talking about just any kind of pencil skirt. Really popular now with celebrities like actress/singer Lea Michele and supermodel Miranda Kerr is the high-waisted pencil skirt. I found this particular piece from Macy’s ($32.00) and the colors within it make the look for me, they’re so vibrant and whimsical. These bold romantic flowers are everywhere right now. But there is no need to go crazy with the top, just a solid color to bring out the floral print and a neutral pump is enough to finish off the outfit.
2. Now this next look combines two of my favorite things! TV personality Kristin Cavallari and actress/singer Hilary Duff are just a few celebs who have been seen wearing a romper but with this paisley/floral design. It’s not exactly cool at the beginning of fall here in Arizona, so I like how you get the best of both worlds with the shorts but you also have the long sleeves. I purchased this romper from Nordstrom, and gave it that dressier feel with some delicate beige wedges, but you can opt for a sandal for that more causal feel.
3. Speaking of casual, there’s nothing like a great pair of jeans that fit you perfectly. But when I think of fall, I think of pieces that are more loosely fitted and ones that tend to have this draping effect. So I say at least once this fall, stash those skinny jeans away and go for a wide-leg pant like celeb Vanessa Hudgens. I’ve seen her—too many times to count—wearing a wide leg pant. I found these from Marshall’s, which incorporates this dainty floral pattern. But aside from the design, they’re easy to thrown on and they’re comfortable. They’re not sticking to you like a relentless skinny jean!
But if you take a look at all of these outfits together, there’s really not that much to them. You can look stylish without having to do too much because fortunately for us, these colorful floral patterns do all the work.
What tends to come to mind when you think of fall are these darker colors like black, navy and grey. But designers are changing up the rules a little bit.
4. I’m bringing the romper back again! Celebs like reality TV star Kourtney Kardashian and TV personality Audrina Patridge are already wearing this trend. It’s very interesting. Still think of those darker hues for fall but with pops of colors that we’re so used to seeing in the spring and summer time. I found this romper from Marshalls ($19.99). The floral print does all the talking, so no need for anything more than pair of gladiator sandals.
5. So really less is more in this case, and that goes for the second look as well. Fashionista Olivia Palermo, actress Sophia Bush and a number of other celebs we’ve seen wearing a rendition of the skater dress. You have this more fitted top with this A-line cut skirt. I found this dress from Nordstrom ($46). It plays on that big trend for fall, you have this darker navy hue as the backdrop for the dress but with the addition of these spring like colors with the mint and orange.
6. Now for the last look, we usually think of throwing on a tank and shorts in this hot summer heat. But we’re looking for something a little dressier for fall. Superstar Jennifer Lopez and style icon Lauren Conrad look very chic in this black blouse with these big floral additions. I found this top from T.J. Maxx ($14.99). You have these playful/flowly sleeves, with the red and pink flowers against the black blouse. Plus, these scallop shorts add to the fun and elegance of the outfit.
So come fall, you can stick to those darker colors like black and navy, but don’t be afraid to go for a little color with these bright floral prints.