DIY: Decorative lightingPosted: Updated:
PHOENIX -- Looking to add some decorative lighting to your home? Home Depot's Debbie Hernandez shared a couple of ideas.
LED flat-screen lighting
-Never gets hot
-Available in 1-by-1 foot, 1-by-2 feet and 2-by-2 feet
-Use as a ceiling light or wall mount, or create a piece of art
-Easy to mount with mounting bracket provided
-Easy-to-follow instructions included
-To create an elegant piece of art, add peel-and-stick wall decals. Since the LED runs cool, this is a safe and decorative way to add some pizzazz.
Transform your recessed can lights into beautiful pendant lights with an easy, inexpensive conversion kit.
1. Turn off the power
2. Simply remove the light bulb and trim kit housing
3. Screw in provided conversion socket
4. Attach expandable bracket to bridge the inside of the recessed can
5. Twist on round metal conversion mounting plant and trim ring
6. Attach pendant light mounting bracket
7. Connect wires -- black to black, white to white, and ground (copper or green) to ground
8. Secure fixture and enjoy your new pendant lights!