Police issue alert after 2 women attackedPosted: Updated:
TEMPE, Ariz. -- Police in Tempe are alerting residents after two women were attacked in their condominiums.
It happened at a complex in the 100 block of West Fifth Street, near Mill Avenue and University Drive.
The first incident occurred on March 27 and approximately 4:30 a.m. The second attack was on Friday at 3:00 a.m.
In both attacks, an unknown suspect entered through an unlocked door.
The incidents are similar but police have not determined if they are related.
The suspect in the first incident is described as a white male, early to mid 20's, 6 feet tall, heavy build, with short brown hair. He was last seen wearing a black shirt, black pants and eye glasses.
In the second incident, the suspect is described as a white male, approximately 20 to 30 years old, 5 feet 5 inches tall, medium build, with short brown hair. He was last seen wearing a gray t-shirt.
Anyone with information on these incidents should contact the Tempe Police Department via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 480-350-8311.
To help prevent similar attacks, police have provided these safety tips:
- Ensure your doors and windows are locked.
- Leave exterior lights on even if you leave for a short period of time during the evening.
- Remove all foliage or items that may hide your doors or windows from view.
- Remove any fliers left of your door that would make it appear you are not home.
- Get to know your neighbors so you should know who is in the area.
Call Police immediately if any of these things occur:
- A stranger with no legitimate business knocks on your door.
- You see a stranger loiter (on foot, bike or vehicle).
- You observe any suspicious/concerning activity.