Bearizona hosts 'Backwoods BBQ' SaturdayPosted: Updated:
WILLIAMS, Ariz. -- Bearizona is hosting a Backwoods BBQ on July 26, noon- 9 p.m. This event will be held in the Fort Bearizona walk-thru area of the park and is open to the public.
A 4-month-old porcupine named Spike, with the help of animal keeper Laura Leinaar, gave 3TV's Tess Rafols the lowdown on the event. (Spike is quite the talkative little critter.)
The event features:
- Live country music throughout the day, headlined by Marble Heart at 5 p.m.
- View Bearizona’s walk-thru animals, including adorable bear cubs
- Jump 'til your hearts content on our bounce houses; $3 for all-day bracelet
- Get hands-on with gators & snakes that make a special appearance during this event only, 3 p.m.- 8 p.m.
- Other Critters will be out throughout the day for an up-close encounter
- Yummy BBQ, Grand Canyon Brewery, Historic Brewing Company & Grand Canyon Winery selections available for purchase
Advance discount tickets for the Bearizona Backwoods BBQ can be purchased by going to www.bearizona.com. They are $8 ages (4-12) and $18 (13 and older).
Tickets at the event will cost $10 ages (4-12) and $20 (13 older).
Tickets will get you into both the drive-thru and walk-thru areas of the park, however the drive-thru closes at 7 p.m.
Bearizona pass holders get into the event for free.
Food and drinks are separate.
Folks who are interested in staying the night are encouraged to book their room at Bearizona's preferred hotel vendor The Grand Canyon Railway.
Bearizona is located on Historic Route 66 in Williams.