7 Men's grooming products that women love to swipe for themselvesPosted: Updated:
PHOENIX -- Let's hear it for the boys! They may not even know it, but, surprisingly, some of their grooming products are coveted (and often stolen) by the women in their lives.
Ask a beauty guru and they'll tell you that most men's and women's beauty products don't actually differ that much -- except for the scents. Sometimes forgetting your dainty pink razor and borrowing his Gillette can make all the difference in getting a great shave.
And guess what, sometimes buying from the guy's aisle can save you money!
Here are some great finds from the guy's cabinets and showers.
1. From a popular French skincare brand comes Dermo-K, a nightly treatment that helps free and prevent ingrown hairs. Men use it on their faces, but it's a must-steal for women to banish bikini bumps without irritation.
Dermo-K ($27 on Amazon) is formulated with glycolic acid to soften the skin and free the hair from the dermis. Copper and zinc work prevent bacterial infections that can enter the body through micro-cuts.
2. Guys are all about no fuss and saving time in the morning, so they love to buy double-duty products! Our fave is Dove Men Care Clean Comfort Body and Face Wash ($6 at major drug stores). It's clinically proven to fight skin dryness better than regular men's body wash. This ultra-light formula rinses off easily for a refreshing wash.
3. Other swipe-worthy soap stars include the ones with the strong scents that really wake you up! They're minty and fresh, not fruity or laced with lavender, which is known to put you to sleep. LUSH Dirty Springwash Shower Gel ($9.95 and up at LUSH) sports a tingly spearmint scent that will give you a caffeine sized jolt! Plus- the menthol crystals make your skin feel cool, which is great when it's 100 degrees.
4.. For bar soap lovers, Morrison Man ($9.95 on Amazon) was made for men but loved by women! Every soap is handmade with olive oil, coconut oil and shea butter. Top-selling scents are Bergamot + Sandalwood with Activated Charcoal, Tobacco Leaf + Cinnamon, and Bay Leaf + Spice. M
5. The natural deodorant movement is spreading fast and men are snapping up a line called Primal Pit Paste ($10.95 www.primalpitpaste.com ). It's handcrafted from natural ingredients and comes in a cream or a stick,and yes, it really works! Some of the manly scents women are borrowing include Thyme & Lemongrass, Spice and Royal & Rogue.
6. Though they may not discuss it, many guys are on a quest to have perky eyes and ageless skin, too. Now, Boots No7, a leading beauty brand overseas, has arrived here and it's landed at Walgreens. We are loving Boots No7 Men's Eye Roll-on and their Serum.
The Rapid Eye Revival Roll-On ($13 Walgreens) is great if you've been working (or playing) too hard and you're exhausted. The reviving, cooling and hydrating formula acts as an instant wake-up call, sweeping away signs of tiredness and visibly improving dark circles and puffiness.
The Protect & Perfect Intense Serum ($19 Walgreens) leaves skin looking healthier and younger by making it stronger, more elastic, reducing deep lines and wrinkles. Fans say you'll see results in a month.
7. Finally, rockin' his razor could score you a better shave! We love Gillette Fusion ProGlide with FlexBall Technology ($10 major drug stores). It's he first razor of its kind, featuring a new handle that adjusts and pivots to provide better contact over contours. You won't miss a hair!