Chef Dad: Dreamsicle Cream PiePosted: Updated:
By Mike Gertzman
Click here for Chef Dad's website
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust (found in your grocers Baking Goods section)*
- 1 Cup Frozen Concentrated Orange Juice (no pulp, thawed)
- ¼ Cup Jell-O® Brand Instant Vanilla Pudding Mixture
- ½ Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 8 oz. Tub Cool Whip® (found in your grocers' freezer section, thawed)
- 7 Drops of Red Food Coloring (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine your 1 cup of orange concentrate with the vanilla pudding mixture.
- Remember, just 1 cup of the concentrate and ¼ cup of the vanilla mix, not the whole container.
- Use a whisk to combine then add your ½ can of condensed milk and 7 drops of red food coloring.
- Whisk ingredients well then finally stir in your Cool Whip.
- Pour mixture into your pie shell.
- Use a spatula to smooth out the top then place into your refrigerator for at least 4 hours and up to overnight before serving.
- Try to find the "Two Extra Servings" size pie crust.
- You'll have enough mixture for the bigger one.
- The red food coloring gives your mixture slightly more of an orange appearance similar to the old "Dreamsicle" ice cream bars, but will taste the same either way.
- We are only using 1 cup of the concentrated OJ and about ½ of the pudding mixture on purpose.
- Try not to deviate from those amounts.
- Remember, we are not mixing the OJ concentrate with water.
- We want it straight from the can.
- The Cool Whip needs to thaw in your fridge (not on the counter) for at least 2-3 hours before using.