Your Life A to Z Recipe: Wednesday, June 25th, 2014: Basil Relish with Olive Oil and Carrot VinaigrettePosted: Updated:
Basil Relish with Olive Oil
1 cup firmly packed basil
1/2 cup XVOO
1/4 tsp toasted cumin
2 T lemon juice
1. Toast cumin in oven or a dry sauté pan.
2. Finely chop basil.
3. Stir all other ingredients together.
1 clove garlic
1 T honey
2 sprigs thyme
1 cup rice wine vinegar
2 cups Canola oil
1 tsp Xanthium gum
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Juice carrots in juicer.
2. Gently sweat garlic and shallot over low heat until cooked - do not allow to color.
3. Place carrot juice, garlic and shallot, honey, thyme, vinegar, and Xanthium gum.
4. Turn blender on and slowly add oil.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Makes About 30
1 lb hamachi, diced
10 corn tortillas, cut into rounds and deep fried
1 fresh pineapple
1 T chives
Juice of 2 limes
Salt to taste
1. Remove leaves from pineapple. Cut about 1 inch from both ends, then use a sharp knife to remove the skin. Discard leaves, ends, and skin.
2. Slice the pineapple, then cut slices into small dice.
3. Combine diced hamachi, pineapple, chives, lime juice, and salt to taste.
4. Divide mixture between tortilla rounds and fold into tacos.